Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: ASUS Z77-A LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: It arrived safe as fast as usual per Newegg. So they get FIVE stars. Then the party was over....
Cons: Board is DOA, I pushed the power button on the case and nothing happened. I did the following tests to verify it was something other than the board:
1. Checked all connections multiple times to check for loose or unconnected wires. Check.
2. Green light on Motherboard after connecting power supply indicating it has power. Check.
3. Made sure the case power switch cable was plugged in properly to the motherboard. Check
4. Checked the power supply with a test MB setup to rule out power supply as culprit. Check.
5. Plugged the power cable switch from the case to a test MB to confirm case switch worked and was not shorting out. Check.
6. With just the power supply hooked to the MB and the CPU cooler installed on a non-conductive test bench, the MB would not power up. Check.
7. Same test with the memory installed in the correct slots per the manual, the MB would still not power up. Check.
8. Hooked the M/CPU cooler to a different power supply for the same setup and the MB would still not power up.
9. Did the obvious things as making sure the CPU was seated correctly and that the screws and standoffs were correct. Check.
10. Removed the stock CPU cooler and installed a new stock CPU cooler. Still no power. Check.
I would like to get a replacement board soon and the I believe the RMA process is the next step. I know this is a rare event and it is the first time it has happened to me.
I purchased the board because I have had good experiences with ASUS in the past. I am just passing this info along to other readers. I must be the unlucky one to get a DOA board. It's bound to happen sometime.