Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: NZXT Kraken X60 RL-KRX60-01 Ultra Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler 280MM
Pros: 1. Works Great. i7-4770k@ 4.2 at under 40 Celsius during stability testing.
2. Very quiet as long as the controller and software are installed properly (see cons and other thoughts.)
3. Easy to install, if you know how (see cons and other thoughts)
Cons: The directions are next to useless for this thing, and are in many ways actually misleading.
Some important pointers:
1) When it says "Install Software Before Hardware" this is wrong. What you actually have to do is install everything except the USB header, then install the software, then install the USB header. If you don't follow this procedure the control software will never work correctly and the unit will simply run at max all of the time. This is covered in NZXT's installation video but not in the instructions.
2) When using any 115_ socket, including the 1150 you have to use the holes for 1155/1156. Note that the backplate will not be aligned square with the motherboard, but it will work. The pump will be square.
3) As soon as the screws on the pump catch the sockets on the backplate you're good. DO NOT TRY AND TIGHTEN THESE FITTINGS! YOU WILL STRIP THEM!
Other Thoughts: This is a really great product that causes frustration with it's unclear instructions which is shame because the entire point here should be to provide high end performance to less skilled users.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1) Clean.
4) Remarkably Clean.
5) Flexible, full tower functionality in a mid tower size.
Cons: 1) Chintzy, annoying thumb screws, but you get used to them pretty quickly.
Other Thoughts: Sexiest, cleanest build I've done. Personally I like a bit of style but I can stand gaming cases trying to look like alien space ships. I also don't like full towers because the size makes no sense for a gaming build. This case is so perfectly me. Preordered as soon as it was announced and SO glad I did. My wife says it reminds her for Portal aesthetically.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1) Heavy, solid, tough.
2)Easy to use BIOS
3) Effortless overclocking
4)Considerably that gimmicky high-end gaming board while offering any high end features you could want.
5) Black, clean aesthetic.
6) Lots of a SATA and USB flexibility.
Other Thoughts: People who have memory problem don't do their research and don't know how to pair memory. If you don't pair your memory and motherboard correctly it won't work. Especially with an Intel chipset. This has ALWAYS been true and these new boards are far less finicky about RAM than they used to be.
This board has built is RAM profiles for several high-end brands, but frankly fast RAM is pointless because RAM speed will NEVER be the bottleneck in your system so just get DDR3 1333 9/9/9/9/24 in a color you like which will work first time every time, always.