Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - 4gb VRAM
- good scaling from crossfire
- runs eyefinity perfectly on max settings in any game ive tried
- comes with 30mhz overclock standard
- this card really shines if you put it under water
- comes with free BF4 code
Cons: - stock cooler is pretty much useless (too loud, doesnt remove heat effectively enough)
- stock temps under load are too high
- temp based throttling is stupid
Other Thoughts: I purchased 2 of these back in January of this year for use in a water cooling build. I used them for about a week before installing the watercooling, and while the fans were loud they were not overbearing. Since installing the watercooling loop, these cards have performed flawlessly.
If you are going to buy this card tho, I highly suggest either getting some kind of aftermarket air cooler, or putting a waterblock on it and going the watercooling route. It *needs* better cooling to reach its full potential, but once you eliminate the heat throttling this card cranks.