Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Cheap price at the time
- Worked fine until bad clusters started showing up
- 3 year warranty
Cons: - bad clusters after one and a half years
- no advanced RMA process offered by HGST (have to go without drive while you wait for drive to ship back to HGST then wait more for replacement drive to be shipped back to you)
This review is from: Matrox Professional Accelerator Card Compress-HD
Pros: May accelerate H.264 encoding for slower machines
Cons: 1. Encoding parameters were not observed: would not encode at bitrate higher than 15 mbps, even when specifying 32 mbps for example.
2. Encoding parameters were more limited than AME (can't specify CBR vs VBR, )
2. Encoding quality was much worse than CS5 AME encoding
3. Encoding time was slightly slower than CS5 AME encoding (expected to be much faster).
Other Thoughts: Test System: HP Z800 Workstation - Dual Xeon 5650 (2.66 GHz hex core x 2), 24 MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 1280 MB GDDR5, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Adobe CS5 Production Premium, Matrox Axio Util 5.0READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: SAMSUNG STORY Station 1TB USB 2.0 3.5" External Hard Drive HX-DU010EB
Pros: Looks good. Simple to connect.
Cons: Generates TONS of 'disk' warnings in the System log in Event Viewer. (One warning every 10 minutes approx.) The warning is: "An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\D during a paging operation." Chkdsk /r finds no errors.
Searching for support on Samsung's site returns no hits. Model number not found. Can't find when browsing model numbers.
I don't think RMA-ing it will help, since the drive appears to be working otherwise. But I really don't like it filling up the system log with bogus warnings.
Other Thoughts: I bought this drive because of all the glowing reviews. Is anyone else receiving these warnings in the system log? (I'm running XP Pro SP3, FWIW. Also, I reformatted it to NTFS before I started using it. Could this be related to the warnings?)READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.