Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Microsoft XBOX 360 Holiday Bundle w/Skyrim & Forza 4 250 GB Hard Drive
Pros: - XBox 360 Slim model.
- Functions great as 1st XBox360 setup.
- Comes with batteries.
- COMES WITH A HEADSET!
- XBox comes installed with ~5 games (mini-games rather).
- Wireless works and detected every network around my house that my PC detects.
- Controller is wireless && comes with 1 set of AA batteries.
- Box is packaged very well - each component has it's own wrapping.
- Runs great after 1st setup - many settings such as startup/shutdown/sleep options, background downloading, joining XBOX Live (or not), games history.
- 250 GB storage - already is paying off: (Skyrim is 3.5 GB - if you get the 4 GB model and need to use a digital download [which Skyrim is], then you're already at your limit..).
- Any HDMI cable really will work (it's the small connectors) to replace the AVG standard cables.
- 1080p resolution w/ many TV resolution settings from within XBOX settings menu.
- Holiday sale prices more than make up for the total value.
Cons: - CANNOT move XBox360 while it's running with a disk inside - it'll sound like the game inside is a broken fan scraping the insides.. (any vertical movement.. aka. don't pick it up even 2")..
- No HDMI cable - the AVG cables included do not include Blue and Green (just yellow, white, red) - blue/green give you HD qualities (sortof). ANY HDMI cable will work to solve this.
- Forza 4 is NOT the full game - it's more like a demo on steroids..
- Skyrim takes a WHILE (could be days if you're using the wireless..) to download.
Other Thoughts: This XBOX 360 bundle is a great deal. Skyrim is an amazing game. I got this, an additional controller, and 2 charge-and-play kits over the holiday in order to play some games w/ co-workers (I'm really more of a PC gamer, but wth.) I wish that Forza was the full game - it's not, it's still good, but it's not the full edition. The consoles are so cheap (compared to an entire gaming PC) - but they really get you on the XBOX Live stuff - so plan for that. You don't need XBOX Live to run your games - only the online multiplayer, and various shopping features.
I would buy this again..
Display Name: Eric W.
Date Joined: 11/13/11
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.