Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Texas Instruments Nspire CX CAS Graphing Calculator
Pros: - Color screen makes it easy to tell the difference between multiple functions on the Graph screen.
- CAS makes it very easy to do many algebraic tasks quickly. I'm a Comp Sci major minoring in Mathematics and I'm already seeing huge improvements in the time it takes me to solve problems.
- Built in unit conversion and ability to easily define new units. On my TI-84, this required a separate program and if I wanted the ability to expand my unit selection I had to write my own program.
- Can build programs using LUA in addition to the classic TI-BASIC.
- Can calculate derivatives, indefinite integrals, and limits.
- Dedicated alphanumeric keys makes entering many variables, labels, and text much easier.
- Best support software of any TI calculator series. Combines programming IDE, file management, and emulation all into one single high quality application. You can even try all the features for 30-days before you buy! This was a huge factor in my purchasing decision.
- Rechargeable battery.
Cons: - The CAS functionality disqualifies this model from use on the ACT (it's still allowed on the SAT though). This was a non-issue for me, but it may be too big a drawback for others.
- Not all instructors allow models with CAS. Some do, some don't. I recommend having a TI-84 as backup for those instances. This is the primary con that kept me from buying a TI-89 when I got my first graphing calculator years ago.
Other Thoughts: I am upgrading to this from a TI-84+ and I am very happy with the switch so far. I especially like being able to type up short sets of notes (ideal for must-have equations) on the PC.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: MagLite Maglite AA Blue Holster Pack
Pros: Small size, light weight, brightness, reliability, adjustable lens, comes with replacement bulb, comes with Duracell batteries. Comes with belt holster but I already had a better one - see "Other Thoughts" below.
Cons: This one is too small to use as a bludgeoning weapon during zombie attacks.
Other Thoughts: I also own a Gerber multi-tool and it has a holster built for the tool and a mini-MagLite. My previous mini-MagLite after about 10 years was looking worn so I decided to hand that one down and get a new one. Excellent pair of items to carry on your person at all times in case of emergency.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Case Logic CSW-32 BLUE 32 Capacity CD Wallet
Pros: Excellent quality small optical disc case. Mine *DOES NOT* leave micro-scratches on the discs as another reviewer mentioned. The case is also made out of durable yet light-weight material.
Other Thoughts: I bought this to go with the Wenger Legacy 15.6" laptop backpack. It fits easily into a compartment with 2-3 flash drives, which is my dedicated compartment for software storage.READ FULL REVIEW