Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: EVERCOOL 1225H12B-Y21 120mm Power Supply Replacement Fan
Pros: These are an equipment room so sound isn't really an issue. However, they aren't any louder than the other fans. You can control the speed by either voltage level or PWM. If you use PWM, use something on the slower side like 8-12 kHz. Haven't had one fail, even in a dusty environment.
Cons: None. Maybe could have come with rubber mounting bushings? Just get rubber grommets at you local hardware supplier.
Other Thoughts: Watch your fingers!READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: NETGEAR XAVB1004-100NAS Powerline AV Adapter Kit With Ethernet Switch Up to 200Mbps
Pros: Needed to relocate a system during reconstruction and found this kit on sale. Needed to add security so I had to use the software to configure the units (see cons). Running off the same leg of the breaker box the mgt software reported 22/17 Mb/s which was fine for the application. Packet times were very consistent. Boxes now live in an A/V cabinet and work fine for 720 video, but they can be laggy with 1080. Units have not needed rebooting although they get rebooted every week or so when the power blips.
Cons: Software for a few tries to see the units, but finally did and showed the links and speed.
Other Thoughts: For best performance your outlets should be on the same leg (side) of you breaker box. At the outlet, plug directly in (we use a 1 ft extension cord) and don't plug into the same outlet that has a noisy device, such as a motor. High frequency devices, such as a switching power supplies seem to be OK.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Logitech HD Webcam C615 with Fold-and-Go Design and 360-Degree Swivel
Pros: - Works across XP, Win7 32/64, OSX, major Linux distros
- Logitech software is decent (disable auto starting parts) and works with wide variety of third-party software.
- Fine video quality for conferencing w/o killing CPU in 720 resolution.
- Fold up into and egg shape. Makes for easy packing and protects the lens.
- Tripod socket
- Being able to pivot camera left-right and up-down makes positioning the unit very easy.
- Mono mic is fine for conferencing
- Auto focus is stable and works well. Some other web cams seem to constantly adjust, throwing the image out of focus more than if there was no auto focus at all.
- If you don't need h.
Cons: - Low light performance isn't that great.
- Does not have hardware support for H.264 as some higher-end unit do.
Other Thoughts: This is probably the best all-purpose web cam around at the moment. Others have better optics, stereo sound, higher resolution or are smaller. But, if you want one that will fit on almost any screen, shelf, desk, or a tripod; be able to angle the lens; good video and still quality; work across multiple OSes; have decent hardware requirements; and fold up and pack securely this is a great choice.READ FULL REVIEW