Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Clean Silver Design
- It works (sorta, view cons why I say sorta)
- Works just fine if you are only going to be using 2TB drives (then I would give the product 5 Stars)
- Came in great shape
- Nicely Packaged
- Easy to set up
- Fast transfer rates if you use USB 3.0 (I get about 30mb/s at peak rates)
- The door/ slot system seems very sturdy
- No alarming loose parts rattling around or anything of that sort
Cons: (I give it 3 Eggs because of the storage limit)
- Only allows you to allocate 2 TB per disk slot! They lied! ( I used two 4TB HGST Deskstar NAS Drives)
- The fan is kind of loud if you are looking for dead silence (I'm not really complaining, and the fan only runs with drive activity)
- This is a completely China-made product, and as a result there were a few grammatical and spelling errors in the instruction booklet.
Other Thoughts: *** I got this product while it was on sale for 54 dollars ***
I am mildly unhappy about the storage limit on the drives. Thankfully, I am not in need of all 4TB of each drive. I am just doing a cheap not-really-RAID setup to throw a bunch of extra files onto the drives to free some space off of my main drives. It did its job letting me access the drives and if I really need all 4TB of each drive I'll just plug them in to my Mother Board. Maybe I'll pick up some 2TB drives later down the road for this drive bay if I ever move these 4TBs into my PC.
This review is from: NZXT Phantom PHAN-001RD Red Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Pros: Plenty of space, obviously because it's a full tower. It looks really clean. A lot of extra screws provided with this case.
Cons: The hard drive bays all seem to be proprietary with (possibly) SeaGate HDD's, because we had to rig the drive bays to accept all three of my, Western Digital, HDD's, we ended up taking out of the bottom right fans because it wouldn't fit with the HDD's in. And the side 200MM fan slot appears to be an NZXT proprietary slot too because we bought another CoolerMaster 200MM fan to make up for the loss of the other side fan and it would not line up with their screw holes.
In all, many hours wasted transferring my computer to this case.