Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: TRENDnet TEW-714TRU Wireless N 150 Mbps Travel Router
Pros: - Small package
- USB charging port
- USB external device port
Cons: Unreliable product
Other Thoughts: - The first unit was defective. Newegg was kind enough to replace it. They even sent me postage-paid shipping label.
- The replacement unit would connect once in every dozen or more attempts. Updating the firmware went fine, but it made no difference.
- Even when it connected, it would disconnect from Wi-Fi within seconds, although it was placed 3 feet from my wireless gateway modem.
- The manual is very lousy.
- Not a recommended product. Shame on you TRENDnet for putting such a lousy product on the market.
This review is from: Nexus 6P 32GB Graphite LTE Unlocked Smartphone (North America Warranty)
Pros: Screen size, USB-C
Cons: - 3GB memory (4GB would be the minimum for my needs)
- No SD/Micro SD card slot (spec doesn't say if it has one; a must for me)
- Non-removable battery (this is a deal breaker)
- Excessive heat
- Poor visibility outside in daylight
Other Thoughts: - I have waited a long time for this phone to come out. Sadly, I'm disappointed.
- Unfortunately, they made it with a non-removable battery. I will never buy a phone with a non-removable battery. I carry 2 to 4 spare batteries with me when I go camping, or when I go on a photography expedition.
- I use a lot of apps, so 4GB RAM is a must for me
I hope their next version will have a removable battery, and an SD/MicroSD slot, as well as a better display outside in daylight.
This review is from: Rosewill Armer RX308 USB 3.0 Full Aluminum 25mm 3.5" Enclosure with LED indication
Pros: I can't think of any except the USB 3.0
Cons: No cooling fan ... No eSATA port ... LED is too bright ... Flimsy plastic pieces
Other Thoughts: Any disk enclosure without a cooling fan is a recipe for disaster. HDDs generate quite a bit of heat, and that heat needs to be pushed out, and not kept building up inside.
Long ago, an external enclosure destroyed one of my 500 GB drives because of the excessive heat, which taught me a lesson for life to never ever again buy a disk enclosure of this type that doesn't have a cooling fan. That incident is still painful to me.
It's also unfortunate that less and less enclosures are made with an e-SATA port (in addition to the USB port).
Rosewill is sliding into the "cheap" direction instead of climbing up in quality and reliability.
I'm willing to pay for quality and for necessary features (cooling fan, e-SATA, tool-less design), not for flimsy plastic and bright LEDs