Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS40 Digital Camera (Black)
- Awesome OIS
- EVF for most sunny shooting
- Zoom Range 24-720mm equivalent
- Fast Turn On (~1-sec)
- Pocketable (polo chest pocket)
- Two Control Rings (Lens & 4-way)
- 35mm focal length displayed when control ring set to zoom
- Leaf type lens cover
- RAW, but I've yet to use
- Variable ISO with max setting
- Amazing battery life with GPS
- GPS On LED
- GPS Logging (15 or 60 sec interval)
- GPS lock indicator
- AVCHD video
- Level indicator, surprisingly useful
- 4-Level Info display (nothing to more than you want)
- Slow Turn Off/Lens retract (~3-sec)
- No User sharpness or saturation settings for JPEGs
- Slow lens
- Panasonic JPEG's are watercolor soft
- No maps like previous ZS models
- AVCHD past 30-min only at 1280x720
- On/Off button right where you grip to remove from pocket/case
- Long lag on zoom set ring, tend to overshoot
- Non-standard USB cable for charging (supplied)
Other Thoughts: Most of my cons were design compromises Panasonic had to make to create this amazing camera, for sure the slow lens.
I have a FZ47 which allowed AVCHD at 1920x1080 until the battery was dead (more than 2 hrs), the ZS40 restricts all high end AVCHD to 30-mins. The FZ47 beside being huge had a lens cap, grew to hate both.
The control ring function floats depending on mode unless you lock via the menu.
This is my first Panasonic travel zoom, from past reviews was expecting horrible GPS battery life, the ZS40 beats any Garmin handheld I've used. Bought two spare batteries, haven't needed either. This complex camera keeps growing on me as I learn its vast feature set.
This review is from: Sigmac 15.3" 720p LED HDTV w/ Hand-Pressing LED Flashlight Included - LE15AB
- 16:9 Format
- Price $75 on Shell Shocker
- Nice OoB picture
- No more HDCP notice from my Dish DVR
- Low power: 13 watts
- Ample volume
- Nice small 12V wall wart
- Many useful buttons on the top edge so remote not needed
- Flashlight worked
- Tinny sound
- Wide glossy bezel
- Ugly large SIGMAC logo
- Imperfect formatting via the Zoom button
Other Thoughts: Got this to replace my 9" CCFL TV that used twice the power. I kept getting HDCP messages on some channels from my DVR if I had my prime TV on before using the old kitchen TV. It would refuse to display that channel.
I have this hooked up from the single HDMI out of my DVR via a powered splitter then a 40' HDMI cable, works. Those two added $30 to the install. Tried a passive splitter first, didn't work.
I used the top two 75mm VESA holes and a custom bracket to hang the TV to one of my logs. It weighs so little, my thin steel bracket is more than adequate.
The Zoom button on the remote formats the picture to the screen, needed when going from 4:3 to 16:9 content and back, gives imperfect results.
Not a great TV but given the price, I'm pleased.
This review is from: Alpine Swiss Mens Leather Gloves Velcro Strap Thinsulate Lining Insulated 40 Gr.
- Soft Leather
- Much warmer than non-insulated gloves
- Price, perhaps half of comparable gloves
- Quality construction, no defects
- Bit Tight, slightly undersized
Other Thoughts: I got the size Large which would normally be a bit loose. These were very snug fitting. So if in doubt, go a size larger.READ FULL REVIEW