Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: - UEFI is pretty easy to navigate and tweak
- Good layout and bus speeds for CF/SLI
- Overclocked painlessly (i7 4770k @ 4.4GHz)
- Great Price
- Came with latest UEFI/BIOS
- Removable/Replaceable UEFI/BIOS EEPROM (DIP)
- Good mix of PCI and PCIe 1x
- Boots quick
Cons: None really.
Other Thoughts: Can't go wrong here. Great features at a great price. Nothing to flashy but it gets the job done. Here are my specs:
Intel Core i7 4770k OC 4.4GHz
16GB DDR3 2400 C9 G-Skill Trident X
2 x Radeon HD 7870 Crossfire
Has built in overclocking settings which you can use as a starting point. Set points were 4.0, 4.2, 4.4, 4.6 and 4.8GHz. These generally set the voltage much higher (but still in safe ranges) than needed, but can be used to start then tweak the voltages down to their lowest stable point. Made stabilizing 4.4 GHz a breeze.
XMP profiles worked with my RAM immediately, no tweaking required for memory stability.
Crossfire gave me no issues with this board. Symmetric PCIe 3.0 x8 is a plus.
Pros: - High Frequency, Low CAS
- Removable Sinks
- XMP profiles included
- Worked flawlessly with no tweaking
Cons: None that I can think of. These modules really don't need a heatsink or that little fan cooler that comes with it. Pretty gimmicky if you ask me, but considering how affordable the kit is you can't really complain for getting extras, even if they are just that, extraneous.
Other Thoughts: Worked like a charm on an ASRock Z87 Extreme 3 using the included XMP profile and 4770k. With the heatsinks removed this kit is compatible with the Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler
Pros: - It's big, lots of surface area.
- Top notch Noctua fans included.
- Pretty straight forward to install.
- High grade thermal paste included.
- Packaged well to protect from damage.
- Product was flawless in construction.
- Very flat / shiny contact surface, looked well machined
- Very good performance, details in other thoughts
- Keeps that hot Haswell nice and cool
- Quiet operation even at full speed.
Cons: These aren't really cons, but are potential game breakers if you don't do your research.
- Covers DIMMs, make sure you have low profile memory before using this. The permitted clearance is listed on Noctua's website.
- Fans are not PWM. Be prepared to use linear regulation or constant speed.
- Tall, make sure your case can fit this bad-boy.
- No mounting kit for LGA 2011, make sure you get the 2011 edition of this sink for LGA 2011 mounting.
Other Thoughts: Cools exceptionally well. I'm running an overclocked 4770k at 4.4GHz at 1.215V. Coretemp under Prime95 worst case temp was 81 Celsius out of 100 for TJ Max which means it hardly breaks a sweat doing anything else.
I'm running it with an ASRock Z87 Extreme 3, Fractal Define R4 and G-skill Trident X RAM (the sinks are removable and so they fit fine).