Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: zBoost SOHO Dual Band Cell Phone Signal Booster for Home and Office (ZB545)
Pros: Price & ease of setup... thats it.
Cons: Listen to the reviews on here that say this is a waste of money... because they are true! I have this mounted as per the manuf instructions, and have the antenna 20' higher than the repeater (vertically) and over 25' away from each other horizontally.
If you read the instructions from the manuf, it says to mount the antenna AWAY from any metal? Really? How many antenna masts/poles have you seen made out of anything but metal. How many fascia coverings and over hangs are now made out of metal? A lot, thats how many. So its stupid to produce something that has to mount on a pole or a house, and then say to keep it away from metal.
This unit only helps if my phone is within 5' of the repeater. There is NO WAY this unit will cover 3000sq ft.... not unless there is already a good signal present. And if there is already a good signal present, you wouldnt need this. By the time my phone gets 10' or more away from the repeater, I have no signal.
Also, Newegg will does not offer a refund on this item. That should say enough there. Had I known ahead of time, I wouldnt have bought this piece of junk.
Other Thoughts: Spend a little more money and buy a good Wilson system... you wont regret it.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Trident Kraken AMS Red Case For HTC One X AMS-ONEX-RD
Pros: kickstand... if you like that sort of thing.... thats about it
Cons: 1. compares itself to the otterbox defender, but is nowhere near in the same class.
2. poor fitting to the phone. had to shim the case away from the phone, as it fit so tight it put constant pressure on the "volume down" button which wore the battery down and caused problems till I modified it.
3. Due to the kickstand, the phone lays oddly on its back.
4. the metal kickstand will scratch things easily if your not careful
5. this is the "slickest" feeling case I have ever had, and have almost dropped my phone twice due to this issue alone. I knew it had a plastic outer shell, but I have never seen one this slick. Makes it hard to hold the phone.
6. the enclosed (disposable) screen covers, are NOT for the HTC One X, and do not fit proper, and even have some sort of a cutout like for a speaker etc... that the One X doesnt have
7. again with the "slick" issue. since I dont want to lay it on its uneven back and choose to lay a phone face down anyway (nothing can fall on the screen if its facing down, and you can hear the speaker easier when its facing up) this means I normally lay my phone facing. the phone slides all over the place since the front edges of the plastic case on the face side, are just as slick as the back side
Other Thoughts: Had I paod $10, maybe even $15, I wouldnt think much of these issues. But this is supposed to be one of the mack daddy cases. WAY too much money for a poor case like this. Never again, back to otterboxREAD FULL REVIEW
This review is from: TP-LINK TL-WA701ND Wireless N150 Access Point, 150Mbps, Multifunction, Multiple SSID
Pros: Easy Setup
Cons: No way to rename the profile you setup with this device, as a repeater. So you never know by name if you are connecting to this device (repeater) or the router..... since you have no option of giving the profile in this device a different name.
Its a moot point now. After less than 5 months of good service, its a brick now. It will NOT stay connected to the router. I use in it mt detached office to repeat my wireless signal from my home... to a laptop and hard line tower. It started dropping connection to the router here and there... leaving both machines useless. Now, it drops 10 - 20 times a day. You can reboot the device and it will connect to the router, then drop connection 15 seconds later. Its become such a pain that Ill be buying a new one, but I wont be buying another TP-Link
Other Thoughts: AvoidREAD FULL REVIEW