Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
Pros: I've been using these keyboards for years, as about a decade ago I started getting sore hands. While I don't know if these keyboards are perfect, they quickly eliminated the pain I was feeling.
Every couple of years I replace one but they never actually die. The lettering just rubs off. It doesn't matter if I get them wet. They dry out and start working again.
Now I have these keyboards everywhere. You can tell the latest one because, of course, the lettering is all there. ;)
I like the ability to raise and lower it, too. Gives me flexibility.
Cons: Media keys are a pointless added expense and complexity. While on a laptop I love media keys, I've never used them for a desktop.
I've never found the raised plastic insert comfortable, but that might have as much to do with my desk and chair as anything else.
Other Thoughts: An added advantage is that my coworkers won't mess with my computer, as they hate natural keyboards. :)READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Fast USB 3.0 access to my external drives.
- Ports are on both sides.
- Ordered two of these. Both work fine.
- Power adapter bulges a little on the sides but is reasonably small and lightweight.
Cons: - When I reboot and the USB port is plugged in via its external adapter it "remembers" the last connection and my devices often won't recognize again.
- Charging port is handy, but please take note that it does not connect to your host device. I use it for running something else, but it is a little weird.
- Devices don't charge fast when your computer isn't on. Probably a USB 3 thing.
- After owning this I will greatly prefer hubs with top-mounted ports. The hub moves around a lot and uses up lots of extra space if you fill both sides.
Other Thoughts: Well worth it as a budget USB hub. Next time I wouldn't order the same thing unless it was on sale. I'll probably give mine away if I find a better one, as it has enough frustrating qualities.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: ADATA S102 Pro 16GB Advanced USB 3.0 Flash Drive (Gray) Model AS102P-16G-RGY
Pros: - Copies large files even on USB 2 at 25+MB second.
- Just small enough that it doesn't block my other USB ports (unlike other rubberized drives).
- Cap fits on the other end when I have it plugged in.
Cons: - The capacity is 15.8 vs 16.3 on competing 16 gig drives. I suspect there's more redundancy to keep the reliability up despite newer flash technology.
Other Thoughts: My new go-to drive when transferring files between work and home.READ FULL REVIEW