Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Card works
High settings on BF4
Cons: Not Ultra settings-but not expected at this price
Other Thoughts: Big Con is the supposed rebate. A 9 step process of registering online, stapling this, filling out that and must be postmarked the week you get the new card. Overall just a bunch of #$@* designed to hassle you out of actually getting the rebate. On that basis alone, never will buy this brand again. Dear PowerColor, take a lesson from Menards, allow a simple name and address with receipt submission or better yet, have same thing online.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Card is great, BF3 looks great and had free Dirt3 Download
Cons: - four eggs for the rebate process. NewEgg should demand better from their vendors. It is dishonest to advertise a rebate then make it so difficult to get, many just give up or don't do it. For example, for this $20 rebate, you need to:
1. Remember to print out the NewEgg rebate page.
2. Type in URL to the rebate site.
3. Fill out the online information detailing you name, game style, email address x 2, etc. Then the date of purchase (must look this up on NewEgg to make sure), Then the invoice number.
4. Now you have to find your product, make sure you don't select the wrong one as surely this will make your rebate invalid. There are 5 pages of products and this Sapphire card has 2 choices nearly identical to choose from.
5. So now they have a load of information on you and multiple layers of proof that you purchased the product from NewEgg. So is your rebate done? No, of course not. Now it is time to do it old style...get out your envelope and stamp.
Other Thoughts: 6. Sign that printed rebate form (we wouldn't want a forged rebate form would we? I am sure they will be verifying my signature with a Federal signature database...right)
7. Rip out the UPC from the box.
8. Print out that NewEgg Invoice that they just asked you all the information about. They need a printed copy to duplicate what you have typed in you know...
9. Now, there is a stern warning on your rebate form and a little dashed box where you are to carefully cut out the send to address and carefully paste that onto your envelope (they are hoping it will fall off I am sure)
10. Now put your signature page, you ripped out UPC, and the Printed invoice into your snailmail envelope and they will send you, in "8-10 weeks" mind you, your $20 in the form of an Amer Express gift card. We have yet to find a store that takes it.
Every nonsense rebate process is getting 1 egg from now on and I encourage all other customers to do the same until this changes.
This review is from: MSI P55A-G55 LGA 1156 Intel P55 2 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: The Board works, it has Sata 6 ports which I wanted for my Crucial Sata 6 SSD. It is the cheapest board with this option. Shutdown and application loading now much improved (likely due to the SSD drive and better processor)
Cons: I am running an i7 750, 2 gb DDR3, and the Crucial SSD drive. Bootup is significantly SLOWER than my old CoreDuo 1.8, 2 gb DDR2, and regular 7200 hard drive running Win7. It is like the Board stalls for 5 seconds on the MSI splash screen before even trying to boot Windows.
Other Thoughts: Anyone else had this problem??? Fixes in BIOS??READ FULL REVIEW
Display Name: Scott S.
Date Joined: 10/02/07
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.