Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: NZXT Kraken X60 RL-KRX60-01 Ultra Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler 280MM
Pros: This is a great liquid cooling solution.It hits the sweet spot when it comes to cooling performance, low noise, ease of installation, and price. I hit low 30's when idle with my i7-4770K. Mid 40's-50's when gaming OC'd or doing other cpu intensive tasks.
Cons: - The warning sticker on the CPU cooler was difficult to remove.
- You can't connect the USB header until after you install the software. After I had the rest of my system built and running, I had forgot that I needed to connect this after installing the driver.
- Not really a Con- but I wish I could connect it to my video card as well. I'm going to look into the KRAKEN G10 for that.
Other Thoughts: This is a fantastic liquid cooler. Take your time installing this cooler, don't rush it- I'd estimate it took me around 30 minutes to install. The directions are quite good, but I watched a few YouTube videos because there are considerations not covered in the directions, such as how you want to mount this in your case. I installed this in an NZXT H440 (top mounted), with the cooling tubes towards the front of the case.
- Mount the fans to the radiator before you put it in the case.
- Pay attention to the orientation of the logo on the cpu cooler.
- The thermal paste included on the cooler works well. No need to use something else.
Pros: I am a big fan of MSI mother boards because of value and ease of overclocking. I was thinking about going to another vendor, because the last MSI board I built on had some over heating issues due to the south bridge. However, I read the reviews here on NewEgg, and decided to go with this board- it seemed to be the sweet spot for features and overall value. I'm glad I did.
Fresh after building my system, here are some thoughts:
- The overall layout of the components on the board is visually appealing.
- The caliber of components seems solid (ie, "Military Class").
- Has plenty of Sata ports (8)
- Overclocking capability is great via BIOS or software
- It detected all my components without any issue, including PC 2133 RAM that I was a little concerned about
- Plenty of USB 2 headers
- Easy to install a water cooled solution over the CPU
- Good layout- most of the jumpers are on the edges of the board, so it promotes good cable management
Cons: - It would be nice to have a few more USB ports on the back panel. Many gaming keyboards are using 2 ports now days. I also have 2 USB 3.0 drives that I need to connect.
- Not really a con- just something to be aware of. The USB 3.0 header was difficult to connect due to the 90 degree angle. I recommend you connect this before screwing down your motherboard.
- I had to download the Killer Ethernet driver from MSI, because it wasn't included on Windows, and another reviewer said to get the one from MSI's site rather than use the disk.
Other Thoughts: System Built:
NZXT H440 Case
MSI GTX 780TF OC Video
16 GB GSkill 1.5v PC2133 RAM
SAMSUNG 840 EVO 256 GB SSD
I think this is the best MSI system I've built to date. MSI is listening to gamers. I am very happy with the quality and feature set and will continue to buy MSI.
This review is from: SAMSUNG USB 2.0 External Slim Portable Blu-ray Writer Model SE-506AB/TSBD
Pros: Great price, slim profile, compatible with Mac.
I was considering other burners but this one seemed to fit the sweet spot of good features, known brand, Mac compatible, and of course the great price. If it weren't for the Newegg reviews I probably wouldn't have purchased- glad I did.
Cons: Doesn't come with Mac software (but who can blame them- Apple doesn't officially support Blu-Ray).
Other Thoughts: Worked right out of the box. I recently upgraded to OS X Mountain Lion and had no issues whatsoever. I am using Toast Titanium 10 for burning the Blu-Ray discs. So far I've only burned the 25GB (Single Layer) and it's been fine. I also verified the data disc worked on my PC without any issue.
Many reviewers have stated this, also why I decided to get this drive over others- only a single USB port is needed, at least for my 2011 Macbook Pro. You can't go wrong at this price. Other comparable drives seem to be well over $100.
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.