Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Rosewill THOR V2 Gaming ATX Full Tower Computer Case, support up to E-ATX / XL-ATX, come with Four Fans - 1 x Front Red LED 230mm Fan, 1 x Top 230mm Fan, 1 x Side 230mm Fan, 1 x Rear 140mm Fan-Retail
Pros: Cable Management
Lots of fans + Fan speed control knobs (I just use them for volume control, make the fans quieter at night).
Cons: Heavy and Large (but then it is a full tower)
Not really a fan of the bottom mount PSU's, means I can't set the computer on the floor or it'll start sucking up all the carpet dust.
Other Thoughts: Was hesitant to move from a mid tower to a full tower but I'm glad I did, this guy, with as much room as he's got, barely fit my new GPU (if you're curious, look up the ASUS Geforce GTX690 dimensions). Comes with LOTS of cable ties and such for cable management. Not really sure why anyone would have the flaps on top closed so why it's adjustable, I have no clue, but the're kinda cool looking. Would have liked the hdd light to be separate from the two red bar lights on the front panel (sometimes hard to discern if the amber hdd light is on or not next to the red light, though I'm glad it's not a blue or green light).
Just be aware, it is heavy and awkward to carry so don't be planning on moving it much (mine, with everything in it, weighs between 50 and 60 pounds).
And as always, Newegg is awesome.
This review is from: Logitech G930 USB Connector Circumaural Wireless Gaming Headset
Long Battery Life
Very Comfortable to Wear
G-Keys Extremely Useful
Cons: Don't last long before they start a disconnect-reconnect cycle.
Mic started popping recently when there is little volume input.
Sometimes unmutes itself even with the red light on.
Pad for top of head too small.
Other Thoughts: About the Pros:
- There's no annoying cord to worry about (unless you're charging them)
- Even for a sound system, this would be considered great bass and sound quality along with fantastic directional sounds (a gun goes off to the left behind you, the sound hits your ear from the left behind).
- The battery life does dwindle over time, but what rechargable battery powered device doesn't. So far from about 10-12 hrs on a full charge to 8 hrs...after a year of heavy use...that's not too shabby.
- My last headset, my ears would start to ache after about 30 minutes of use because it would press them against my head, this headset hardly touches the ears when adjusted correctly.
- And it has been dropped a couple times, yanked off the desk when a hand or foot catches on the charging cord, and all this headset does is takes it and laughes.
Now, to the Cons:
- Lasted about a year before it started this disconnect-reconnect cycle, lasts even less time if your in a high radio traffic area (I live 8 miles from a very large airport). My brother bought a set, lasting him just over 6 months (lives quite literally at the end of a runway) before it was cycling to the point of uselessness (aka every 10-15 seconds).
- Not sure what is causing the mic popping, other than just time driven degradation, and same goes for the random unmuting.
- As for the head strap pad, if instead of being a bar pad, if it extended the full width of the head strap, thus distributing the weight a little more, it would not cause my head to start aching after long term usage. Granted it takes a good 3-4 hours of straight use without taking the headset off or moving it to cause this, but it would be nicer.
To sum it up, it is a great headset for anyone from a casual user to an avid gamer, though if you're in a high traffic area as I said above, I would look into Logitech's G35 headset (basically the corded version of this headset). Lost two eggs for the cons, gained an egg because it's Logitech...you can't go wrong. And as always, Newegg is awesome.
This review is from: Logitech 963290-0403 Extreme 3D Pro USB Joystick
Pros: I have had this joystick now for over 4 years and it hasn't degraded at all, all buttons still work, all axis still work (and accurately, I might add).
Cons: from the beginning the rudder axis (twist axis) has always had a little bit larger dead-zone on the right side of center than the left. It's never increased or decreased but it's one of those things you get used to.
Other Thoughts: I would take an egg off for the rudder axis, but the fact that it's a Logitech product more than makes up for it. I bought this in 2009, it's moved with me, traveled to friends houses, used n abused fairly regularly and it's never given me an grief. To say the least, it's built well. And as always, Newegg is awesome.READ FULL REVIEW