Skip to: |

Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.

If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, HDTVs, Digital Cameras and More!

Limited Time Only! Newegg Premier is now only $29.99/year. Sign up now.
  • Shipping Destination: United States
  • Wish List
  • Feedback
  • Help
Search all
Search
Home
Home > 
Jeffrey J.'s Profile > 
All Reviews
  • Find Reviews
  • Find

Showing Results: Most Recent

COOLER MASTER V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler Compatible with Intel 1366/1155/775 and AMD AM3/AM2+/AM2
  • Owned For: more than 1 year

Pros: Looks great
Performs well
Quiet*

Cons: *you WILL have to replace the fan
*when the fan malfunctions, it will sounds like a psu going bad.

Other Thoughts: I own 4 of these and I've had to replace all 4 fans.. not sure if it's a design flaw or just low quality fans originally installed. If I had it to do again I would have bought just one of these for my show room case.

Overall 4 stars would have been 5 if not for the fan malfunction in multiple units.

READ FULL REVIEW
ASRock X79 Extreme6 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
  • Owned For: 1 month to 1 year

3 out of 5 eggs Decent board for the price 03/08/2013

This review is from: ASRock X79 Extreme6 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Pros: 3 stars for 3 pros
-asrock customer service was extremely helpfull to me when newegg was not
-the price was great
-it does 90% of what I want it to do amazingly

Cons: lost 2 eggs because
-the onboard lan is disfunctional
-the software that comes with the board bogs down the board's functionality

Other Thoughts: I said it does 90% of what i want it to do amazingly, unfortunately the 10% it's not doing is keeping me from using the mobo for the other 90% at the moment. The software problems were an easy fix, disableing and uninstalling the software improved my processor, ram, gpu, and LAN speeds dramatically. I quit having blue screens due to cpu and ram failure and i started being able to clock normal internet speeds for my connection type along with going from 15 fps to 167 fps (yes a 1113% increase in fps on crysis 3 due to mobo software).

the onboard lan issue i'm having now is that when anything else on my network is using any network resources, this machine just stops trying to use the network. I lose connection to the internet or experience a home latency of 4000 ms or greater. I thought it could be a router or firewall issue, so I replaced the cord, tried 4 different routers with 8 different firmwares, and i've set up ip tables and qos settings so that this computer has uninteruptable top priority to the network but nothing seems to stop it from crapping out as soon as anything larger than 15 mb is being downloaded or streamed from another machine. the box sitting next to this one is not having any issues and the only difference is the mobo.. if anyone has any further suggestions i'd be happy to hear them. i've ordered a network card to see if that solves anything

READ FULL REVIEW

Jeffrey J.'s Profile

Display Name: Jeffrey J.

Date Joined: 03/29/09

  • Reviews: 2
  • Helpfulness: 2
  • First Review: 03/08/13
  • Last Review: 08/20/13
Shop by Region: United States | Canada | China
VeriSign Click for the BBB Business Review of this Computers - Supplies & Parts in Whittier CAThis site protected by Trustwave's Trusted Commerce program Inc500
Policy & Agreement | Privacy Policy  © 2000-2014 Newegg Inc.  All rights reserved.
If the Adobe Reader does not appear when you click on a link for a PDF file, you can download Adobe Reader from the Adobe web site. nassau