Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: I love the design elegance:
- Convenient: Clip it to anything instantly (like a key chain) and it stays put. It's just as easy to un-clip it with big or small fingers.
- Reliable: I've had one on my keys all the time for at least a year and it's never popped off whether its in a variety of pockets, dropped (frequently), whatever. It's not locking, so has a small risk of coming off, but I wouldn't want it locking - this is a design trade-off of convenience vs. security.
- Durable: impact and wear resistant. I drop mine all the time and it's never failed me and I've had it with me daily for 1-2 years. The colored part can get mildly marred given enough time and beating (it keeps its color though), but the chromed metal has lasted nicely.
- Protective: Directly protects the swiveling memory stick from physical impact and wear/abrasion within a formed chromed metal casing.
- Aesthetic: Has a professional aesthetic (in my mind) - looks appropriate plugged into a computer at work and/or in front of customers.
Other Thoughts: I wish these came in higher capacities. I plan to get a few more over time and when they fail (they have to eventually), extract and swap the memory stick portion with a newer one cannibalized from some other usb flash device, just in case the overall design is discontinued.
I really appreciate the design elegance and aesthetics of this device. It takes care of so many issues and I congratulate whoever did it. As a mechanical design engineer, I appreciate what it took to develop and this product. When I compare it to the other USB flash devices out there, only the ones that protect against fluid damage, explosions, and serious crushing forces offer anything more.
I am effusive about this product because I've never seen anything better and would be saddened if it vanished from the market. It's a great design and deserving of success and hope it continues in one incarnation or another as long as the USB form factor exists.