Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: It works and it came with Nero software.
Cons: It didn't come with a bikini model.
Other Thoughts: Sweet for the price.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: COOLER MASTER Elite RC-310-BWN1-GP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Pros: 1) Nice looking case with enough hardware for just about anything you need to add to it.
2) Can add three 120 mm case fans to this machine. One on the back, one on the front and one on the side. You can also make the one on the side a 90mm if you choose.
3) Looks sweet when you add your own LED 120 mm fan to the back, as it does not come with an LED fan, but instead it comes with a 120 mm non-LED.
4) The blue line design on the front is pretty sharp.
5) Hard drives fit in sideways so you can get to them easier.
6) Wires for USB and power, etc, plenty long to reach the motherboard areas.
7) Looks like it would fit a 9800 GTX+ without a problem.
Cons: 1) You need to be gentle with the side panel when you take it off.
2) When you take out PCI slots in the back, they bend, break and come out, there is no way to put them back in.
3) To access the front fan or second set of HDD screws to put in the chassis, you have to take off the front panel. A bit tricky, but nto too difficult, but you don't want to do this often, as it will eventually break.
Other Thoughts: For this price how could you go wrong? Seriously, if you need a case for this price range, you need to look no further.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: I have had good luck with Gigabyte boards in the past. It was fairly cheap and have a lot of features that would have been nice if they had worked. The Gigabyte techs tried to help, and I was able to reach one in less than a minute on the phone and my email tech question was answered in less than 3 days.
Cons: The board had various character anomalies (like wing dings) flying around on the screen in BIOS. I used the onboard graphics in order to better troubleshoot, and occasionally the BIOS would show candycane-like lines across the screen. One memory slot seemed troublesome as well, leading to the screen becoming unreadable with colors blanketing the screen.
I tried for about 20 hours over the course of 10 days to get this board running, but it was a waste of time and effort. I should have stopped sooner, LOL.
If you want to run Windows XP SP2 (or any other flavor of XP), you will need to load the drivers from the Gigabyte site during install with F6. I tried both the F6 and Nlite methods and all failed to boot Windows. Blue screen with attemped boot loop was as far as I got.
If you need to load Windows XP, you are better off staying away from this board because it is a pain, just from that standpoint. You need a floppy drive or NLite software from CD/DVD.
Other Thoughts: All parts were on Gigabyte compatability list:
GSkill 2 x 2GB 10666CL8D-4GBHK (DDR3-1333)
WD 250 GB sata HD
AMD Athlon II X2 255 Regor 3.1 GHz