Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Android honeycomb - its updated to 3.1 automatically over the air - its smooth and looks great, and the settings manager is really easy to use and full-featured
- Great display - 10.1" of IPS goodness
- Surprisingly large collection of apps, from what I had read online, it sounded like there are only a few apps for a tablet. While there may not be 50K apps, I've found most of the apps I was looking for.
- Fantastic browser, much better than what I have on my iPad.
- The app store now tells you which apps and games are compatible with your android device.
- The tablet is well-made, does not feel plasticky, there's a corner on my tablet that flexes more than it should but its minor.
Cons: - The bezel is a little larger than it should be, feels like its bigger than it should be.
- The android marketplace is okay, its a bit confusing to use until you get used to it.
- Not as many games specifically for the tablet
- Poor speakers and mic, there is no other way to put this, you cant use this tablet for voice-chats. I had to hold it upside down and speak into the mic to be heard clearly. Without 3G, this was never going to be my main device for video-chatting anyway, but its disappointing all the same.
Other Thoughts: This is great tablet, its well made. Yes its not an iPad, but the build quality is nearly as good. Android 3.1 is fantastic, its a huge improvement over iOS in terms of usability. A tablet that can actually run multiple apps at the same time, where you don't have to close an app to open a new one - sounds great. Also I really hate the iPads app-button based interface, so this is a breath of fresh air. My only real complaint is the poor-quality speakers on the thing. I'm not sure how much I need the speakers, since most of my listening is done over headphones, but it would have been nice to have better speakers. Its a good tablet, inspite of its low price, would highly recommend getting one.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: BIOSTAR H61MH LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: Easy installation, well made MB, all the holes matched up perfectly, especially in the very tight HTPC case I used. I found the layout worked very well. The stock CPU fan fitted the board perfectly. Used for a HTPC, works really well, HDMI output looks great and very fast with a core i3 2100 processor and 4GB DDR3. Found that the built-in GPU is more than enough for Netflix & Hulu desktop streaming, and playing movies on XMBC or Windows MC. Also did not feel the need for an additional graphics card, the i3 GPU works perfectly.
Cons: Would not load either a GParted or Ubuntu 11.04 install disk directly. It gave a "no live file system found" error. From what I could figure out, Ubuntu is not able to find the correct SATA drivers for the motherboard and therefore hangs.
The only way I found to get around it was to load the iso onto a USB drive, and then it would boot perfectly.
Other Thoughts: A previous reviewer mentioned that XBMC does not work, it runs on my setup - Win7 32-bit perfectly.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Had this for about 3 weeks now, I'm using this as a repeater, was a little troublesome to setup as a repeater, but that was mostly my fault as I didn't read the rather unclear instructions carefully. It works great as a repeater, very stable, no dropped signals, especially for streaming video. Noticed that its doubled or tripled our intranet download/upload speeds in rooms where the signal used to be flaky.
- Small, this thing is really small - credit card size
- Easy to configure, has a built-in webserver that you can access to edit settings, even has a wizard thingy for setting it up quickly.
Cons: - Poor documentation, it took forever to setup largely because of poor instructions
- Interface for setup is not the best but it works adequately.