Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Android honeycomb - its updated to 3.1 automatically over the air - its smooth and looks great, and the settings manager is really easy to use and full-featured
- Great display - 10.1" of IPS goodness
- Surprisingly large collection of apps, from what I had read online, it sounded like there are only a few apps for a tablet. While there may not be 50K apps, I've found most of the apps I was looking for.
- Fantastic browser, much better than what I have on my iPad.
- The app store now tells you which apps and games are compatible with your android device.
- The tablet is well-made, does not feel plasticky, there's a corner on my tablet that flexes more than it should but its minor.
Cons: - The bezel is a little larger than it should be, feels like its bigger than it should be.
- The android marketplace is okay, its a bit confusing to use until you get used to it.
- Not as many games specifically for the tablet
- Poor speakers and mic, there is no other way to put this, you cant use this tablet for voice-chats. I had to hold it upside down and speak into the mic to be heard clearly. Without 3G, this was never going to be my main device for video-chatting anyway, but its disappointing all the same.
Other Thoughts: This is great tablet, its well made. Yes its not an iPad, but the build quality is nearly as good. Android 3.1 is fantastic, its a huge improvement over iOS in terms of usability. A tablet that can actually run multiple apps at the same time, where you don't have to close an app to open a new one - sounds great. Also I really hate the iPads app-button based interface, so this is a breath of fresh air. My only real complaint is the poor-quality speakers on the thing. I'm not sure how much I need the speakers, since most of my listening is done over headphones, but it would have been nice to have better speakers. Its a good tablet, inspite of its low price, would highly recommend getting one.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: BIOSTAR H61MH LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: Easy installation, well made MB, all the holes matched up perfectly, especially in the very tight HTPC case I used. I found the layout worked very well. The stock CPU fan fitted the board perfectly. Used for a HTPC, works really well, HDMI output looks great and very fast with a core i3 2100 processor and 4GB DDR3. Found that the built-in GPU is more than enough for Netflix & Hulu desktop streaming, and playing movies on XMBC or Windows MC. Also did not feel the need for an additional graphics card, the i3 GPU works perfectly.
Cons: Would not load either a GParted or Ubuntu 11.04 install disk directly. It gave a "no live file system found" error. From what I could figure out, Ubuntu is not able to find the correct SATA drivers for the motherboard and therefore hangs.
The only way I found to get around it was to load the iso onto a USB drive, and then it would boot perfectly.
Other Thoughts: A previous reviewer mentioned that XBMC does not work, it runs on my setup - Win7 32-bit perfectly.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Had this for about 3 weeks now, I'm using this as a repeater, was a little troublesome to setup as a repeater, but that was mostly my fault as I didn't read the rather unclear instructions carefully. It works great as a repeater, very stable, no dropped signals, especially for streaming video. Noticed that its doubled or tripled our intranet download/upload speeds in rooms where the signal used to be flaky.
- Small, this thing is really small - credit card size
- Easy to configure, has a built-in webserver that you can access to edit settings, even has a wizard thingy for setting it up quickly.
Cons: - Poor documentation, it took forever to setup largely because of poor instructions
- Interface for setup is not the best but it works adequately.
Display Name: SUBHASH B.
Date Joined: 07/05/06
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.