Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: IOGEAR GPSU21 1-Port Print Server RJ45 USB 2.0
Pros: *Great value
*6 Foot CAT 6 cable supplied
*Eliminates the need for wireless printer connectivity, which is more expensive than wired only
Cons: * Software does not load in Win 8.1, even in compatibility mode
* Software dates from Vista!! even on the website
* Manual installation required of local printer to TCP IP port
* Some technical knowledge of networks required for manual installation
Other Thoughts: *Make sure you specify Protocol LPR and a print queue name if you are manually installing
*Don't share the printer
This review is from: HP LaserJet Pro P1102W CE657A Personal Up to 19 ppm Monochrome Laser Printer
Pros: -Great price
Cons: -Doesn't always wake from sleep mode
Other Thoughts: -Doesn't always wake up from sleep mode, which kinda defeats the purpose of Wifi. Solution is to always leave in standby mode. Extra power used is minor.
-Setting up on both Ethernet and wireless is a bit tricky since wireless setup requires a wireless connection. Set up wired first, then wireless using another device.
This review is from: D-Link Wireless-N Home Router (DIR-601), N150
Pros: - Inexpensive
- Easy to set up
- Excellent range (covers both floors in our house)
Cons: - Minor: Unit is very light so any Cat5 cables connected pull it around.
Other Thoughts: - Bought it at Best Buy...same price there but no shipping charge.
- Using it as a wireless access point on a wired network which means turning off DHCP and assigning a static IP address to the unit on the subnet
- After researching online, I found the more expensive routers were rated no better by users than this one, and I won't be out $100 if it craps out in a year or two
- First use with Win7 is a breeze, the config process is completely automated, not so with Win XP