Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: KINGWIN FPX-001 4-Channel Fan Controller
Pros: - Its cheap
Cons: - Gets uber hot, to the point that causes constant fluctuation in fan speed and causing noise change.
- The wires are soldered very cheaply, the molex on mine broke within 1st time, i just soldered it.
Other Thoughts: - If you want to control low power fans cheaply, this will do it. However anything over 4 watts may be an issue.
- I wanted to use this on my antec 1250 and it takes 60% to even turn them on, and noise level is horrible from constantly change from it heating and cooling.
Doubt with all these heat it will last.
Pros: - Cheapest, properly cached, card you can get.
- Lots of options for customization.
- Great Driver,software support from LSI.
- Fairly fast initialization during boot.
- The boot bios for the card is absolutely AMAZING, so many options and easy to understand.
Cons: - Still alow performance for raid 5,6. I got about 10-20 MBs for write back mode, and 40-55 MBs for write through mode.
- For some reason took multiple times of seating , and reseating before it worked.
- RUNS HOT!!! I am not kidding within 5 minutes of power the heatsink will burn your fingers.
- There is no "stupid" setup , you must understand what your doing to get started.
Other Thoughts: - I am very happy to have purchased this during BF sale, I usually go on Ebayy for used parts but the price of this is closer to a IBM/HP/DELL raid card used on other site.
- If you need more speed , it may be worth to SSD cache your set up very easily addable.
Pros: - Great built quality.
- Least expensive case with many HDD capability.
- I love that they pre install all the fan slots with great fans and built in fan controller!
- Sturdy hard drive mount + two PCI expansion insures massive expansion capability.
- Inside mechanism mostly are removable by Phillips screws.
Cons: - One gripe I have with this case is that there is no place to securley tuck away cables. Top of the motherboard area is wide open however there is nothing in place to help you manage the cables. After all, your sata,motherboard cable, and cpu cable pass around that area, I would have liked to seen that space utilized to mount cables.
I see that , the big area allows the install of AIO or big tower however having an option to screw in a metal bar and zip tide tables securely to this optional bar would have been great.
Other Thoughts: - Blackfriday deal of 60 bucks , I am very happy.
- This case is best bang for the buck for those seeking at lease 5 slots for a raid 5 + OS.
- My hard drive cases had two rubber grommets missing.
- I ended up routing zip ties from top bar to sides to create my own cable management system.
A+ over all.