Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: I buy 2-4 memory stick every year to upgrade my computers. More than half of what I buy are G.Skill. They seem to be very reliable, have good performance and reasonably priced.
Not this time.
Cons: One stick of the pair failed within 6 months running at stock frequency. It was not installed in my primary desktop and the computer was on about 20 hours a week.
MEMTEST86+ shows error rate 100%.
* ASRock H97M-ITX/ac LGA 1150 Intel H97
* Intel Core i5-4590
Other Thoughts: I'm not suggesting G.Skill should cover return shipping for all the lifetime warranty repairs. But since the memory has been used for only six months, and it's clearly a faulty stick, I think G.Skill should cover the RMA shipping both ways.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Looks good.
Material is solid for the price.
More than enough ventilation for a <200 W build.
Cons: No dust filter on GPU side air intake.
Wish there was a way to mount the PSU in a non-protruding fashion.
Other Thoughts: May want to mount the PSU fan-side down to use it as another exhaust if you system is not power-hungry. You probably don't need fresh air to cool the PSU. Mounting it fan-side down also damps any little noise the PSU fan produces.
To put my review into prospective, here's my system:
Intel Core i5-4690
NVDIA GeForce 750 ti (w/o 6-pin connector)
No spinning harddrive
Two sticks of RAM
Pros: Comparing with non-mechanical keyboards:
1. feel much better to type on
2. less fatigue
3. better accuracy because of better feedback
4. Feels very solid and sturdy.
1. No numpad. allows positioning mouse close to the center. more comfortable and less strain on your shoulder. (If you are under 25, it's fine if you don't understand what I mean.)
Cons: Comparing with non-mechanical keyboards:
2. Higher overall height. This is a con if you like those flatter keyboards.
1. The font type is kind of ugly (or I should say unique.) Wish they had used more standard font.
Other Thoughts: This is not meant to be a comparison with other mechanical keyboards. But if you are still deciding whether you should purchase your first mechanic keyboards, hopefully this review will help you make up your mind. The cons I listed, as you can see, are only problems for a handful of people.READ FULL REVIEW