Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: IN WIN 805 Infinity Black Aluminum / Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case
Pros: - Gorgeous design of the case, with quality metals and tempered glass.
- The optical illusion "infinity" effect looks wicked. Better in person than in the pics and videos.
- Case design/layout is better than average, with locations on the back behind mobo to mount 2.5" SSDs.
Cons: - Manual is not comprehensive. Should have told me how to change gender on the LED strip, should have offered tips for installing mobo input panel. Should have provided link to the Halo software that controls all off the LEDs.
- Halo software is decent ... works fine, provides basic options you would expect for a colored LED device. They need to add more interesting and complex routines though that take advantage of this outstanding LED concept.
- Cable management is truly a nightmare with this system. Since it has visible tempered glass covering the entire left and right side panels, your cable management game had better be on point. The side behind the motherboard needs to be an inch wider so you actually have room to route things like the mobo power cables without causing the *glass* to bind. I'm a bit nervous about the bending glass.
- Air flow is mediocre on this system. It's great that I could stuff a 280mmx140mm radiator and fans in it, but getting sufficient cool air into the radiator is a hopeless endeavor. On another system I have, that has similar specs, same water cooling setup, and a 25% overclock, but great airflow, I see CPU temps of 25-29C. In the 805, my temps are 38-42C with no overclock.
Other Thoughts: - Gorgeous product that I'd definitely recommend to anybody who likes the design and doesn't need to install more than 3-5 hard drives, and no front devices at all.
- In Win makes beautiful, very well designed products, that suit my tastes, so my next case will probably be an In Win. I'm a former Lian Li and Corsair case connoisseur, so I definitely know what it takes to incorporate both successful form and function into a winning case.
- I just hope In Win emphasizes cable management more during the case design process. You're not doing it right if you make the most beautiful and creative cases in the industry, but then fail to properly design *good* cable management into the product.
Pros: I'm typically not an MSI customer, but liked the features and design of this mobo, so took a shot with it. Board has a nice layout, and was easy to install. I used a new Broadwell i7-6950x CPU with it and was worried I'd have to update the bios (I had no other 2011 CPUs at my disposal). Fortunately, the mobo came with v2.2 bios installed and it recognized my 6950 on first boot. Drivers and utilities for the mobo are on both CD and USB 3.1 flash drive, which is a nice option. Came with lots of black SATA cables (with locking clips), so I didn't have to buy more of those. Mobo recognized my Samsung 950 Pro M2 SSD and Win 10 install was fast and easy. The Samsung 950 was tested in this mobo and confirmed to hit the advertised 2500 MBps read, 1500 MBps write (in bios, make sure M.2 is set to Auto and not PCH). Using an H115i water cooler for this system. With tweaks to just multiplier (44x) and voltage (1.35), had no problem hitting a cool and stable 4.4Ghz in minutes. Bios layout and features are nice and user friendly. Overclocking has been easy and had no problems so far. Did a 3 day burn-in at 4.4Ghz and had no issues. LEDs are cool. Onboard audio bardware and software are impressive. No problems with Corsair RAM. After a week, the mobo has been rock solid and I have no complaints. It's loaded with great features and components.
Cons: I'm not a fan of Killer NICs, due to previous software, reliability, and performance problems with other brands of mobo. So far, no issues with this Killer NIC implementation. Tested the throughput, and it's been identical to my Intel GB NIC, so no complaints. Price is high for this mobo, but I'm using all premium, cutting edge components, so can't complain too much.
Other Thoughts: Love everything about this mobo, so can definitely recommend.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: power AND video signal via USB
good quality picture
Cons: Stand is not adjustable
Not very bright display unless you plug in AC too