Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: ZALMAN CNPS9900ALED 120mm 2 Ball Low-noise Blue LED CPU Cooler
Pros: - very quiet
- has kept my I5-2500K running under 38°C for 3-years now
- cheaper and simpler than liquid cooling (and just as quiet)
- inexpensive for its quality
- ALL COPPER!!
- easy to clean with a Q-Tip
Cons: - weighs 900 grams
- won't fit in sub-Standard ATX chassis (most OEM desktops)
- sharp fins -- blood, sweat, and tears will go into its installation ;-)
Other Thoughts: - install before mounting the motherboard (otherwise it will be difficult to fully set all of the mounting screws)READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - quiet fan @max load (I have mesh side panel on my chassis, so I'm not spared noise nuisance; my 140mm top chassis-fan makes more noise than anything when it wobbles)
- runs everything I've ever installed at maximum settings @ >30fps (unoptimized games (betas, mods, etc) have required me to set my RAM Clock up to its factory default, but I've never needed to OC this GPU).
- peak heat-index for me has been ~80°C (only ever encountered running incomplete/unoptimized software); max-load heat-index is usually around 68-72°C; average (gaming) load ~55-60°C; idle index ~38°C
- haven't encountered any driver issues yet
- going 3 years strong with no issues or complaints
Cons: - hefty pricetag (@ time of purchase)
not actually a Con, but something I wish it had and to bring attention to for others:
- TXAA and GPU Boost not available (this card is a whole series behind on those techs)
Other Thoughts: I use a single 1600x900 monitor with a single 560 Ti; no money wasted on overhead performance (suited my need perfectly and then some).READ FULL REVIEW