Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: ZALMAN CNPS9900ALED 120mm 2 Ball Low-noise Blue LED CPU Cooler
Pros: - very quiet
- has kept my I5-2500K running under 38°C for 3-years now
- cheaper and simpler than liquid cooling (and just as quiet)
- inexpensive for its quality
- ALL COPPER!!
- easy to clean with a Q-Tip
Cons: - weighs 900 grams
- won't fit in sub-Standard ATX chassis (most OEM desktops)
- sharp fins -- blood, sweat, and tears will go into its installation ;-)
Other Thoughts: - install before mounting the motherboard (otherwise it will be difficult to fully set all of the mounting screws)READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - quiet fan @max load (I have mesh side panel on my chassis, so I'm not spared noise nuisance; my 140mm top chassis-fan makes more noise than anything when it wobbles)
- runs everything I've ever installed at maximum settings @ >30fps (unoptimized games (betas, mods, etc) have required me to set my RAM Clock up to its factory default, but I've never needed to OC this GPU).
- peak heat-index for me has been ~80°C (only ever encountered running incomplete/unoptimized software); max-load heat-index is usually around 68-72°C; average (gaming) load ~55-60°C; idle index ~38°C
- haven't encountered any driver issues yet
- going 3 years strong with no issues or complaints
Cons: - hefty pricetag (@ time of purchase)
not actually a Con, but something I wish it had and to bring attention to for others:
- TXAA and GPU Boost not available (this card is a whole series behind on those techs)
Other Thoughts: I use a single 1600x900 monitor with a single 560 Ti; no money wasted on overhead performance (suited my need perfectly and then some).READ FULL REVIEW
Display Name: Anonymous
Date Joined: 06/01/11
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.