Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Tiny Size ~ About the size of a large external Drive enclosure (like the kinds that would hold an full size optical drive) - very small foot print for the desktop
- Good Specs, Core 2 Duo; 3GBRam
- Very Low Power Consumption - Probably the Greenest Desktop
- Runs Windows 7 64-Bit like a champ
- No dongle or adapter for included wireless mouse and keyboard (saves USB slot)
- Built-In Card Reader
- HDMI Port
- Slot Load DVD Burner
Cons: - Onboard Video (Intel GMA X3100) not the greatest (ie. blueray performance)
- Very Expensive to Add BlueRay (Decoder Card & Drive required)
- DVD Drive is slow compared to my desktop when ripping DVD's
- 4GB Ram Max
- Intel Wireless Card gets terrible reception (used a USB Dongle instead and it works great)
- Sensor for DVD Eject (not a button, but a sensor) did not work in Windows 7 64bit. Well, really a tradeoff, either you could get the sensor to work and Keyboard features such as volume would not OR Keyboard features work and sensor would not. This was only a problem in Windows 7 64bit, to my knowledge and has since been fixed. Was annoying until they came out with the update though.
Other Thoughts: I purchased this from a different site about 4 months ago (same specs exactly and refurb). This was to replace a 6 year old shuttle system that will not boot (bios chip or MB problem). Needed something with a very small footprint as this is my wife's computer she keeps in the bedroom.
I really like the system layout and size. It is very responsive with Windows 7 64bit.
I would have liked it better if it had a better graphics chipset, however, it meets my wife's needs.
Some other thoughts:
- Think of this as a laptop without a keyboard or screen.
- The wireless card is a mini-PCIe slot, so it may be possible to replace the card with a better one. I have not taken it apart (yet), I am not sure about how the antenna routes, however, I am sure it is simlar to a laptop.
- Second mini-PCIe slot that is meant for a Broadcom Blueray Decoder card, if you ordered with that option from Dell. Thinking about trying one of those mini-PCIe HardDrives not sure if it would work.
This review is from: hec HP585DB 585W ATX12V Power Supply - Power Cord Included
Pros: - works well
- No power issues
- Good for my older Pentium 4 System
Cons: - Needs more Sata
Other Thoughts: My 4 year old Antec Smartpower blew one day and I wanted to get a cheap power supply to make sure that that is what the problem was and that nothing had fried on the board. Originally, I thought I might replace this one with a beefier name brand power supply. However, I have never felt the need to on this older system. Works. No power issues.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Works like it should. I do not notice the noise, so I guess it is quiet. Installation was a breeze.
Cons: It is $2 cheaper now.
Other Thoughts: Never had much problem with Seagate drivesREAD FULL REVIEW