Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: 1. Nice weight and solid construction.
2. The 10.1 inch IPS display is easy to read ... very sharp.
3. Latest Android update, 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) is very nice and robust.
4. Tablet is very responsive.
5. The keyboard docking station is a GREAT PLUS ... extends battery life to about 16 hours and delivers the benefits of a laptop.
6. HDMI output enables you to connect tablet to TV or audio-video receiver.
7. SD Card reader and USB port enable you to connect flash drives and SD Cards.
8. Great 6/8 megapixel camera (16:9 vs 4:3 aspect ratios).
9. Great quality video camera.
10. Easy to carry and store.
Cons: Some might think that not having 3G/4G support is a con, but if you have a 3g/4g phone and you don't have a WIFI source in your vicinity, then you can connect this tablet to the Internet via your phone's Hot Spot feature.
I've noticed that the red colors on this tablet aren't as rich and bold as the reds on my phone. It seems that the red needs a little calibration. However, don't be alarmed. The red appears to be consistent with my LCD monitors. Overall, you don't notice the difference when you are watching videos or viewing pictures.
The last con is weak Wifi signal. This happens because of the slick metal backing of the tablet, which reduces the strength of Wifi signals. The successor, the TF300, remedies the issue by replacing the metal backing with a plastic one. Since I have the TF201, which has the metal backing, I mitigated the problem by installing additional wireless routers in my house so that I can switch the router that gives me a stronger signal, based on where I am in the house. Therefore, the TF300 might be a better choice for most, if you're concerned about the weak Wifi signal.
The GPS works fine, although it make take up to a minute or 2 to find a satellite. That's fine, because I use my phone for GPS anyway.
Other Thoughts: In my opinion, with the Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 update, this is the best tablet on the market when you throw in its keyboard docking station. I use this device 99% of the time now. I have a laptop and I really don't use it much.
My wife and I do everything with our tablets ... online banking, watching videos (Netflex, Hulu, YouTube), reading books (Kindle App), Android programming (me), playing games, Facebook, Google+, taking pictures, videos, etc. This device is incredible! I'm using the keyboard dock to type this review right now. If you get this tablet or a successor (TF300), you will be quite pleased, especially if you purchase the keyboard dock.