Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heatpipes
-Much better cooling that a stock cooler
Cons: -Instructions aren't exactly great
-Installation can be a little fiddly for AM3+
Other Thoughts: I've used several 212 EVOs in the past for various builds and decided to use the 212 Plus for a budget AMD machine. It's basically the same as an EVO, and it's a bit cheaper. It works very well. Getting the retention brace through the cooler itself for the narrower AM3+ socket was more involved than accomplishing the same task for LGA 115X. But It wasn't a big deal.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: IPS panel
Good picture quality and viewing angle
Cons: No HDMI
Not of fan of the AC Adapter power cable solution.
No DVI cable included
Other Thoughts: I bought this monitor for a budget build I was doing for another person. The price was certainly right, and the display is very good, better than any TN panel. For $130 I can overlook it's shortcomings.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Fan
Pros: - Works very well
- Quite inexpensive for the performance
- Includes mounting brackets for another fan
- Performance is an order of magnitude better than any stock CPU cooler, and is on par with the smaller closed loop water coolers and competitive with some of the more expensive air coolers.
Cons: - It's physically large and has the potential to cover your RAM on some boards, if you have RAM with tall heatsinks, there might be some clearance issues
- the included instructions are pretty bad
- the mounting system is a bit awkward, it's not terribly difficult, but I don't think the movable X-shaped brace thing was necessarily the best option they could've gone with.
Other Thoughts: This the default "go-to" CPU cooler for many people for a several reasons, it's cheap, it works well, and while a bit fiddly, the installation isn't particularly difficult. There's really not much wrong with it, and the minor grievances can be overlooked given it's price point.READ FULL REVIEW