Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Inexpensive mini-ITX 1150 with 6 sata
Cons: Despite what Asus's website says, it does not work with G3220. I get no DVI out and no way to upgrade the BIOS. Asus support was limited to asking if I remembered to plug it in.
Other Thoughts: I switched to ASRock Z87E-ITX. It was more money, but worked fine.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: * Six drive bays. All support 3.5 & 2.5 with no adapter needed for 2.5.
* Three included fans provide adequate ventilation. Fan controller is a good feature.
* Quiet. 3.5in drive mounts have vibration isolation.
* Small. I don't think a system that support 6 3.5in drives and a full-size power supply could be any smaller.
* Good number of cable tie mounts.
Cons: * Removing motherboard requires taking out other components first. The small form factor makes this kind of hassle expected though.
Other Thoughts: My 16TB RAID build:
* ASRock Z87E-ITX motherboard
* G3220 CPU
* 5 HGST 4TB drives in raid 5
* Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD
* Corsair CX600 power supply
* Fedora 20
This review is from: IN WIN IW-BP655.300TBL Black Mini-ITX Desktop Computer Case 300W Power Supply
Pros: Small, room for a full-size DVD/Blu-Ray drive. 300 watt power supply should support most setups.
Cons: USB2 only on front panel. Power switch needs improvement. Not many places to attach cable ties.
Other Thoughts: I use a i7-4770 for H.264 encoding, so this small system has some horsepower. Improvements I would make in a new version of this case:
* Get rid of 5.25in bay and shrink the case a bit more.
* Make the side vent better suited for a 120mm fan (you can mount one there, but it isn't exactly designed for it).
* Switch front panel from USB2 to USB3.
* Provide places to mount cable ties.
* Improve power switch.
Gigabyte GA-B85N motherboard
Crucial M500 240GB msata SSD
Arctic F8 & F12 PWM case fans