Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Passive, no buzzing noise, completely silent.
- With a modern Linux kernel (2.6.33 tested), kernel modesetting works, as does EXA/xv and basic 3d with free drivers.
- Heatsink is low profile and does not block the card slot below.
- Low power consumption: around 5W at idle is not much worse than an integrated video chipset.
Cons: Idle temperature is rather high: measured 55-62C on the heatsink depending on location with an IR thermometer. Gaming-style 3D use not tested since it lives in a Linux server.
Other Thoughts: Not a gaming card, but works great for other purposes.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: ZOJIRUSHI CV-DSC40 VE Hybrid Water Boiler & Warmer
Pros: - Well-built (made in Japan)
- Insulated, so standby power after boiling is low
- Easy to use and maintain
- Quiet after boiling and unobtrusive: no bright blue LEDs
- 4L capacity
Other Thoughts: If the cost is acceptable and if tea/cocoa/etc are commonly consumed throughout the day, it is a good purchase. Saves a lot of time compared to microwaving or kettle boiling water.READ FULL REVIEW