Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: This computer can replace most peoples desktop PC's when it come to gaming. This laptop can play Far Cry 3 on nearly max'ed settings and still achieve greater than 30 FPS. The SSD drive is a great addition. If I would have known the difference it makes in nearly every aspect of this laptop, I would have bought one long ago. If you are a gamer that wants a portable gaming solution, this is a great buy but it does have it's drawbacks.
Cons: For all my love of the power this laptop has, there is a love hate relationship.
- laptop can boil water on the lower right side when the graphics card is being used
- The computer gets very warm even when looking at the internet or watching a movie.
- Toshiba custormer support SUCKS!!!! I submitted a question to customer support 4 weeks ago and still haven't heard from them although, you can pay a nominal fee for their support service.
- Toshiba has proprietary drivers. You can not go to the NVIDIA website and download the latest drivers for your graphics card. You must wait for Toshiba to release them and they suck on updating drivers based on all the research I did after the fact. Never thought about that before buying. My previous laptop allows manufacture drivers and I'm sure there are others that do as well. A gaming laptop needs to be able to get the most current drivers for optimal performance.
- The backlit keyboard has two settings. It is extremely bright or completely off. No way to dim the keyboard like my previous laptop. This is especially bad at night since the keyboard can light a room.
- Comes with Windows 8 and it is impossible to downgrade even if purchase Win 7. They only produce "proprietary drivers" for win 8 on this. If you like win 8 then no issue.
Other Thoughts: This laptop excels in sheer brute force power but the horrible support from Toshiba and proprietary drivers is why I have given this 3 stars. It does everything I wanted in a gaming laptop but I can not overlook the locked drivers, horrible business practice of charging for their support and the small things. I recommend looking at other brands that are more costumer friendly and provide the little details such as being able to dim the backlit keyboard. I almost bought another brand with nearly same specs. I kick myself everyday for not doing it.READ FULL REVIEW