Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: * Plenty of room for what I needed it for considering I have 7 HDD's and a BluRay burner installed. Just enough considering my motherboard has 8 SATA ports.
* Cable Management is pretty good. Even with normal SATA cables I had no issues routing what I needed. They did take up some room but that is why I am investing in custom SATA cables that are thinner and round to take up less space and to open more for cooling.
* Love the fact the HDD cages can be removed for both the 3.5 HDD's and 2.5 SSD's.
* It's big but I have plenty of room for it. It works for what I need and plan on going with the 980 or 980 Ti which will fit in the case. Will have to add better cooling at that time.
* The color is nice considering I have been used to darker cases. The white case is soothing and looks really nice. The LED's on the fans add to the touch and can be turned off if needed.
* I like the power button. LED and cool looking as well as the red LED's below it for the fans.
* First time owning a case with a bottom mounted power supply. It's helpful and helps to make the cable management much better. Leaves it with a clean look considering I have been dealing with cramped cases before.
* The 2.5 HDD dock in front is nice... if I had another SATA port on my board to support it. Will have to look into a SATA PCI card.
Cons: * Top fan is not the quietest but the sound isn't loud at all. Doesn't bother me in the least.
* Definitely heavy when filled with the components, but what would someone expect it to be? Light?
Other Thoughts: Handle works out great. Helped out with lugging it around once I got it filled with everything and moved it to my desk side.
Not a bad price. Got it locally for $149. A great bargain for such a nice case.
Looking to add bottom fans and a front one as mentioned by another reviewer.
Pros: 1. Easy to setup
2. Bios friendly
3. Able to run MACOSX on the board with no issues.
Cons: 1. PCI-E 3.0 slot. When using a PCI-E card that takes up two slots (EVGA Geforce GTX660 Superclocked 2GB, etc) that graphics board runs right up, and on top of the chipset above the SATA ports. And the SATA ports are not blocked (barely) but it makes it hard to reroute the cables around the graphics card to the desired drives.
2. Why does this thing act weird sometimes. When I make changes to items in the BIOS such as changing SATA from IDE to AHCI, etc. the system will restart (normal), shut off completely, then reboot itself within a few seconds. I have never seen this on a motherboard or build and I have been building my own custom systems for 12 years. Perhaps a call to Gigabyte might be in order for this because this is too weird.
Other Thoughts: 1. Next time I will be sure to check on this issue with graphics card size and SATA port locations prior to purchase.
2. Only 1 PCI-E 3.0 slot.
3. Only supports CrossfireX, not SLI.