Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: * Very good battery life. During initial testing, I charged my Moto Atrix (1800 maH battery) for five days under normal daily use before having to recharge the power bank.
* Charges devices quickly through the 2.1a USB port.
* Durable, has survived a couple of hard drops.
* Works reliably even on partial charges.
* Charges even my finicky Moto Atrix, though the Atrix wants an OEM Motorola-spec cable. This is NOT a flaw in the power bank; Motorolas are known to be finicky about USB cables.
* Speaking of cables, has worked reliably with ten out of twelve cables I've used it with. The two flaky cables however are eight feet long and flaky in general.
* Small and easy to carry in a pocket or pouch, and light enough to hold in-hand with your phone, though a velcro strap would make your life easier.
Cons: All of my cons are minor.
* Port labelling could be clearer-- it/s white on white.
* Charge indicators are hard to see in bright light.
* Charge lights go from right to left, minor but can cause a moment of confusion.
* The 1.1a port (port 1) sometimes will not charge 1a devices. However the same devices do charge without issues on the 2.1a port.
* The bundled cables are short, though this once again is easily addressed.
Other Thoughts: We have two of these, one for the vehicle and one for the home. After five-six weeks of ownership they are both rock-solid reliable.
A few notes:
* It won't charge 2 devices at the same time reliably... because it is NOT DESIGNED TO.
* The bundled USB cables are OK, but if your device is finicky, like mine, use a MANUFACTURER-APPROVED cable before you declare failure.
* Remember, you have to press the power button to start charging after EVERY TIME a device is plugged in. This is NOT a bug, it is a feature designed to extend the life of the product.
* The device itself takes about 6 hours to reach full charge from zero on a wall charger. This is NOT a flaw in the device. It's a huge honkin' battery and it just takes time.