Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Hawking HD45R Hi-Gain Dual-Band Wireless-N Router
Pros: Great LAN speeds. moves extremely large files (10-20GB) in just minutes to another machine on the LAN. Fairly quick and easy setup.
Cons: I feel there are more cons than pro's.
1) Menus are dreadfully slow after the last bios update, taking up to 2 mins to load a menu page.
2) Each time you save a setting, you have to wait 45 seconds for the router to reset itself.
3) Slow network connection on boot; takes windows 2-3 additional mins to connect to the network after pc boots, on ALL machines in the house.
4) Marginal WiFi speeds, even giving unstable connection errors from 8 feet away at times. 5K unusable from more than about 20' from the router.
5) Port forwarding does not work. BIOS update was supposed to fix this problem but I installed the latest BIOS and no luck yet.
6) Poor phone support; Called Hawking support several times to address some of these issues and all they were able to have me do was reset my router, forcing me to reconfigure it and pretty much wasting my time since I had already read all their support pages and did all that BEFORE I called. Every issue I called about I was told to reset the router, which did nothing. Beyond that they were zero help.
Other Thoughts: This router looks great on paper but the reality of it is that Hawking is aware of the issues this unit has and has done little to nothing to fix any of it.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Original BPI 1.6V Ni-zn AA/AAA Battery Charger FOR NI-ZN
Pros: Hey, you need a charger for those cool Ni-Zn 1.6v AA batteries you use in your XBox controller, right?
Cons: It only worked once. When I went to re-charge the batteries after the first use, it would not charge them again.
Other Thoughts: According to what I read, Ni-Zn batteries like a 'quick charge' of about 2 hours to work at peak efficiency. however this charger takes 6 hrs to charge 4 AA batteries. Charging less batteries speeds up charging time but 6 hrs is pretty weak and apparently still too much of a strain on this unit.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Bought two of these. Great product. Super performing video cards at a great price. Though admittedly anyone will match Newegg prices now.
Cons: Cards are power mongers. 250w each so you better have a huge Power supply if you plan to SLI these babies. 850W or higher recommended.
However the biggest con is that I purchased and shipped directly from NewEgg who said my transaction did not go through despite my account being charged and debited. When I got that resolved they still waited a couple more days to ship it. Then the no-name company they used called 'Ontrac' (They used to use UPS) couldn't find my house despite living on a major highway and being clearly visible. 8 days to arrive from their City of Industry warehouse 25 miles away, only to be told that the new company doesn't have my gate code. (UPS, USPS, FEDEX, DHL all get right in) so that added another 3 days since it was a Friday when they attempted. NewEgg is seriously losing their edge. Why would I even bother waiting when I can go anywhere else and match their price without all the headaches. You guys really disappointed me this time.
Other Thoughts: If NewEgg would get their heads of out their rear end I may be happier with my purchase. hardware performance is great but the experience was completely soured by Newggg and their corner cutting.
Oh and their 'discount' return shipping labels for RMA cost about $3.00 more than if you bought it yourself directly from the UPS page. What a rip off, you guys. SO disappointed in you now.
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.