Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Cheap - That's about it.
I can't say anything good because it only turned on for 3 seconds then died.
Cons: Ignore the one egg rating, it's actually zero. This thing is basically a piece of garbage. While it looks like you get a lot out of the box, the reality of it is it's super cheap hardware. When I plugged in the AC adapter, it made a visible spark every time. The unit turned on for about for about 3 seconds then went blank and would do nothing but emit a single beep on subsequent power on's. I'm going to try and make NewEgg pay for shipping so at lease I'm not out that too.
Other Thoughts: Save yourself some time and spend the extra few bucks for something better. I didn't read the review before I purchased and really should have. Hopefully you're reading this before making yours.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Hawking HD45R Hi-Gain Dual-Band Wireless-N Router
Pros: Great LAN speeds. moves extremely large files (10-20GB) in just minutes to another machine on the LAN. Fairly quick and easy setup.
Cons: I feel there are more cons than pro's.
1) Menus are dreadfully slow after the last bios update, taking up to 2 mins to load a menu page.
2) Each time you save a setting, you have to wait 45 seconds for the router to reset itself.
3) Slow network connection on boot; takes windows 2-3 additional mins to connect to the network after pc boots, on ALL machines in the house.
4) Marginal WiFi speeds, even giving unstable connection errors from 8 feet away at times. 5K unusable from more than about 20' from the router.
5) Port forwarding does not work. BIOS update was supposed to fix this problem but I installed the latest BIOS and no luck yet.
6) Poor phone support; Called Hawking support several times to address some of these issues and all they were able to have me do was reset my router, forcing me to reconfigure it and pretty much wasting my time since I had already read all their support pages and did all that BEFORE I called. Every issue I called about I was told to reset the router, which did nothing. Beyond that they were zero help.
Other Thoughts: This router looks great on paper but the reality of it is that Hawking is aware of the issues this unit has and has done little to nothing to fix any of it.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Original BPI 1.6V Ni-zn AA/AAA Battery Charger FOR NI-ZN
Pros: Hey, you need a charger for those cool Ni-Zn 1.6v AA batteries you use in your XBox controller, right?
Cons: It only worked once. When I went to re-charge the batteries after the first use, it would not charge them again.
Other Thoughts: According to what I read, Ni-Zn batteries like a 'quick charge' of about 2 hours to work at peak efficiency. however this charger takes 6 hrs to charge 4 AA batteries. Charging less batteries speeds up charging time but 6 hrs is pretty weak and apparently still too much of a strain on this unit.READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.