Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Logitech G9 Black 9 Buttons Tilt Wheel USB Wired Laser 3200 dpi Gaming Mouse
Pros: - Two thumb buttons
Cons: - Finish started peeling off after a month
- Left clicking sometimes results in double clicking
- Worst grip ever. The only part of my hand that touches it are my fingers. The grip is just too small. My pinky drags on the mouse pad. Even if I had tiny hands, I'm sure I'd still be grabbing it in a claw-like manner. Basically my hand has no support.
- DPI Increase/decrease button is very inconveniently located
- Precision movement is mediocre at best as the mouse's grip shell doesn't fit snug on it. So you end up moving the shell first and then the mouse.
- Cotton wrap around the wire or cord leading from my computer to the mouse has been coming unraveled due to the friction of sliding around on my desk.
Other Thoughts: Having owned this mouse for well over 1.5 years, I can honestly say it is the worst mouse I have ever owned. Before this, I had an MX510 and loved it until it died on me. I highly regret purchasing this mouse over another MX510 as this thing is nothing but junk. Who ever designed this thing did everything possible wrong. The satin finish is all but gone now and all that remains is the cheap slippery plastic underneath it.
I don't think I'll be buying another Logitech mouse after this as this G9 mouse is just terrible in every way possible. Also my last Logitech mouse died after only 2 years.
Pros: Yeah right
Cons: - Close to Zero performance increase regardless of game.
- Don't expect any kind of driver support once Killer releases a newer NIC. Just look at how they dumped their K1/M1's. They will never going to have Windows 7 support or updated drivers.
- Not compatible with Valve's Steam games.
- Easily bricked while upgrading firmware (always done when updating drivers)
Other Thoughts: Don't waste your time or money looking here. Use your motherboard integrated LAN or get a cheap NIC. You will have exactly the same performance no matter what you think. Don't kid yourself. Spend your money in a better video card/processor/monitor/ANYTHING.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: -Works fine on Windows XP/Vista
-Will reduce your latency for games slightly
-Great for downloading/torrenting and playing a game lag-free
Cons: -No signs of Windows 7 driver support or future development. Last release driver was from 03 Nov 2008. Last beta driver was from a month later, but development has stopped in favor of the newer Xeno card.
-Expensive for such a small performance increase which you probably will not notice unless torrenting and playing games at the same time.
Other Thoughts: If you ever plan on upgrading to Windows 7, don't buy this card. I am now using an Intel NIC so that I can play my steam games. This NIC has become a new expensive paperweight. You can take a gamble with Xeno, but they are likely do drop support with that NIC once they come out with a new NIC.
If you already own one, please consider dropping a note in their forums requesting that they continue development on drivers for the K1/M1.
It's a shame that Killer NIC's don't have any similar competition. It would likely cause them to drop their price and increase their driver support.