Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 AM3 AMD 890FX 6 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Pros: - Installed last January (2011) and still runs w/o a problem.
- Nice, easy to install.
Cons: - ATX12v placement is still bad. Right under my liquid cooling unit, hard to get to even when you remove the fan. Also, unless you have an extra long cord, mine has to cross over my video card, so if you have a long card it requires some maneuvering and is a very tight fit.
Other Thoughts: Originally housed in a NZXT Hades Mid-Tower. Recently moved it to a new IN WIN Dragon Rider case about a week ago and it survived the transfer fine.
I have *not* overclocked this, so unsure how well it would last if you did.
IN WIN Dragon Rider [case]
HIS HD Radeon 6850 [video card]
AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz [processor]
Pros: - Sleek
- Good size
- Came with all needed wires and components, easy to install.
Cons: - Nothing yet.
- For some, the widescreen format may be a drawback.
Other Thoughts: Very easy to set up, looks great without any apparent problems. Didn't have to adjust any of the color/brightness/contrast settings, the defaults were perfectly fine.
Lower res than I originally wanted, but for the price (Sale $99.99 instead of orig $149.99) you can't beat it. Considering the other models out there, I wouldn't have payed full price for it.
This review is from: IN WIN Dragon Rider Black 1.0 - 0.8mm SECC Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Pros: - Easy to Install (took less than two hours to move all from my NZXT Hades, to this case)
- Sturdy, but lite
- Great Cable Management (including extra clips and zip ties to add even more management)
- Tools Free design (except for the screws to hold on fans and the power supply, all else is held with rubber wrapped attachments that also aid in keeping down vibration - I feel no vibration at all right now).
- Large side-panel fan can be replaced with several smaller fans to cover the whole side - maximum customization
- GREAT storage for the extra HD accessories, set inside the case.
- Back panel removes for cable routing, no stupid rubber grips to fall off or tangle in your wires.
- Sturdy feet & top USB and power switch, so no accidental bumping
- Easy to install extra CD/DVD/media drives plus each pay designed so it can hold the smaller card readers or drives without compromising the design.
Cons: - No external fan speed control
- No external temperature gauge
- Fans are a bit louder than my Hades, despite having the same number
Other Thoughts: Overall I am very happy with this case - it looks great, feels solid but not heavy. ran without a hitch and easy to assemble. Lots of space and customize-able fan option can open up extra space for extra large gaming cards, etc.
It *is* very big - look at the dimensions before buying! But that's kinda the point, and its worth it. Would definitely recommend to those looking for a Full Tower and an excellent gaming desktop.
Display Name: Angela F.
Date Joined: 09/24/10
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.