Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: * Powersupply has 20+4 as well as 4 pin power so should fit most MB's
* Case uses standard 80MM Fan so replacement is easy if it goes bad
* Fans in case and PS are very quiet
* PS mounted forward so plenty of room to mount everything else and a full size CPU cooler.
* All in one power button that is also lit for power and changes color for disk activity. Not too bright which is a big plus.
* MB backplate snapped in very easily
* Front cover easy to remove
* Sheet metal stronger feeling than my other cases
* Good cable length on PS and 2 SATA power plugs
* I like the cooling setup. PS has own fan and pulls air from front cover. Vents on bottom of both sides pull cool air in and up and out the back
* No company logo's. In fact I see these sold by different companies when they are obviously the exact same case. So buy the cheapest one you see.
Cons: * Small dings in paint on all 5 cases. Was in the plastic and the paint. Almost like grit was in the metal forming machine. Hard to notice under normal conditions but obvious in reflected light.
* (Nit-Pick) No reset button
* (Nit-Pick) Protective plastic is part of the metal before it is formed. So you have to remove the cover and do a lot of pulling to get all the plastic off
* Some mini itx cases have both HD and AC97 audio plugs. This is HD only so if you need AC97 you have to mod it
* Case fan is 2 wire only
* Unlike some cases the structure prevents a scredriver from going straight down to tighten the MB screws. So it might take a little to get the screws started.
* Only room for one 3.5 drive unless you use bracket. Some other similar cases can hold 2
* (Nit Pick) No way to add an internal floppy if by some miracle you needed one
* PCI filler plate sticks a little far beneath the case so be careful not to scratch anything
* Shorter than some so be wary of card length
Other Thoughts: Overall I love this case. I have 5 apex cases and just ordered 5 of these because the price finally dropped to the same as my apex's. At the same price I prefer this case much better even with the cons listed above. If all you need is a simple mini-itx that is comparitively easy to put together then this is a good buy. I am using intel Atom boards with no cpu/chipset fan and this case it totally silent.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Good, solid, cheap server board or email/surfing system.
Cons: The Chipset fans are notorious for early failure.
Other Thoughts: Just a quick update to my previous review. I use mine for a Samba server and I also was experiencing issues where the ethernet port would drop out and then recover about a minute later. I updated the BIOS from the 2008 version it came with to the newest 2009 version and so far this appears to have cleared the issue. Even though I could not find anything in the release notes for the new firmware related to Ethernet it has so far cleared it for me. If this doesn't fix your system then RMA the boad and get a new one. I have four of these now and two of them exibited that behavior. So far they both appear to be fixed after the flash updates.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Rosewill 2.5" & 3.5" SATA to USB2.0 Hard Drive Docking - Gift
Pros: This is one of those items like memory. Not much you can say about it. It either works or it doesn't. But here goes:
Has LED's for power and data tansfer
Has power switch to turn off without unhooking
Appears to be dsigned for both desktop and laptop harddrives
Cons: Cables could be a little longer
USB could fit a little tighter but is sufficient
Other Thoughts: I got this free as a combo deal and was actually pleasantly surprised. Plugged a drive in it, powered it up and plugged it in.
Shows up perfectly fine in both windows and linux so far and transfers at decent speed.