Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - 6 Tuners
- Ceton support is quality
Cons: - Undisclosed incompatibility with older NVidia motherboard chipsets. Buyer beware!
- Tuners would fail if they were ever turned off (by setting the frequency to 0), and never find another signal until the system was rebooted
Other Thoughts: - Ceton ultimately couldn't help after 2.5 weeks of communications. Finally just returned it.
- They still use those horrible tiny little connectors.
Pros: - Unofficial linux support.
- Worked well for about a year in a mythtv setup.
Cons: - Had to plug this card into a windows box to upgrade the firmware in order to successfully pair with FioS.
- Locks up after about 3 days. Had to configure the machine to reboot every day to ensure it didn't crash while trying to record something
- The tiny little connector used to connect the coax adapter cable into the card popped off as I tried to remove the cable once, was near impossible to put back on, and wouldn't stay on ever again. Ultimately this ended up breaking the connector, giving me a $200 tuner that can't tune.
Other Thoughts: -1 egg for the reboot issue, -1 egg for the poor connector construction. For $200 i expect better quality.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Its a real item
Cons: The door mechanism that opens and is supposed to eject the drive is poorly constructed with cheap plastic - it broke the first time I tried to open it.READ FULL REVIEW