Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - 6 Tuners
- Ceton support is quality
Cons: - Undisclosed incompatibility with older NVidia motherboard chipsets. Buyer beware!
- Tuners would fail if they were ever turned off (by setting the frequency to 0), and never find another signal until the system was rebooted
Other Thoughts: - Ceton ultimately couldn't help after 2.5 weeks of communications. Finally just returned it.
- They still use those horrible tiny little connectors.
Pros: - Unofficial linux support.
- Worked well for about a year in a mythtv setup.
Cons: - Had to plug this card into a windows box to upgrade the firmware in order to successfully pair with FioS.
- Locks up after about 3 days. Had to configure the machine to reboot every day to ensure it didn't crash while trying to record something
- The tiny little connector used to connect the coax adapter cable into the card popped off as I tried to remove the cable once, was near impossible to put back on, and wouldn't stay on ever again. Ultimately this ended up breaking the connector, giving me a $200 tuner that can't tune.
Other Thoughts: -1 egg for the reboot issue, -1 egg for the poor connector construction. For $200 i expect better quality.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Its a real item
Cons: The door mechanism that opens and is supposed to eject the drive is poorly constructed with cheap plastic - it broke the first time I tried to open it.READ FULL REVIEW