Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Good price/size/performance
Arconis included - with instructions to transition your existing system to the ssd
Cons: I haven't use this drive long enough (or any ssd prior to this one) to evaluate reliability
Other Thoughts: After using traditional drives and just ssd's on tablets, it's painfully slow to listen to my desktop boot on the traditional drive. Instantanous write of digital video w/o any compression.sREAD FULL REVIEW
Pros: -Works well in x99a board with Crucial memory
Other Thoughts: I didn't realize that it was backordered when I built my new rig...by the time my new system was shipped, it arrived and was included with the Crucial memory that I had ordered assuming it wouldnt arrive. ++Newegg againREAD FULL REVIEW
This review is from: ASUS X99-A LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: - Reliable. Rocksolid
- USB 3.1 but not c...compatible with asus upgrade for another board in the house
- 2011-v3...leading design
- ddr4 isn't that expensive anymore! The multiple slots are begging for incremental updates to this board and swapping with other ddr4 computers in the house.
- sata ports on side of board is a better layout then expected....future server. Layout works even in 6 year old case.
- UEFI bios - crazy configurable....only I can't find a 'hold power off' unlike my gigabyte boards. Works better than expected with Server Essentials R2 restore! Multiple bios settings allows comments for versions of configurations..nice for rollback/tweaking
- Digits on board are so much more helpful than counting beeps
- Lighting on board trim is a nice touch when building and swapping drives.
- Firmware updates extremely user-friendly with multiple options
- Detailed user manual.
- No bent pins
- Easily accomidates case fan w/o any difficulty.
Cons: *** ''NIC is intel-based....therefore you MUST load drivers to restore media (eg, Windows server restore, etc). Bothersome extra step, but it was a feature hidden in other reviews***
- Boot up time slower than expected...but a) its rock stable so not too common occurance b) it probably can be fixed with more tweaking. Running with 2 older sata drives and ssd. Some other reviews reported similar problems
Other Thoughts: Bought this board ideally looking for x99a board that supported native 3.1c usb that was fairly future proof. Native 3.1c boards seems flaky and extremly expensive....I can get a card with the asus 3.1c setup whenever it becomes more mainstream. Other
- I was considering the deluxe board, but this board does everything needed by 90% of people...by the time I need to rely on delux features, I'll just upgrade the whole rig/add-on boards. No bulky sabertooth cooling hoods
I havent overclocked yet, but it will surely not be an issue.
- I updated the bios and downloaded all updates on first use...never had an issue with flakyness like other multiple reviewers mentioned.
- I don't use the fan settings...Im more of a balls-to-wall kinda guy...but is pretty cool to see =)