Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Good price/size/performance
Arconis included - with instructions to transition your existing system to the ssd
Cons: I haven't use this drive long enough (or any ssd prior to this one) to evaluate reliability
Other Thoughts: After using traditional drives and just ssd's on tablets, it's painfully slow to listen to my desktop boot on the traditional drive. Instantanous write of digital video w/o any compression.sREAD FULL REVIEW
Pros: -Works well in x99a board with Crucial memory
Other Thoughts: I didn't realize that it was backordered when I built my new rig...by the time my new system was shipped, it arrived and was included with the Crucial memory that I had ordered assuming it wouldnt arrive. ++Newegg againREAD FULL REVIEW
This review is from: ASUS X99-A LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 8 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: - Reliable. Rocksolid
- USB 3.1 but not c...compatible with asus upgrade for another board in the house
- 2011-v3...leading design
- ddr4 isn't that expensive anymore! The multiple slots are begging for incremental updates to this board and swapping with other ddr4 computers in the house.
- sata ports on side of board is a better layout then expected....future server. Layout works even in 6 year old case.
- UEFI bios - crazy configurable....only I can't find a 'hold power off' unlike my gigabyte boards. Works better than expected with Server Essentials R2 restore! Multiple bios settings allows comments for versions of configurations..nice for rollback/tweaking
- Digits on board are so much more helpful than counting beeps
- Lighting on board trim is a nice touch when building and swapping drives.
- Firmware updates extremely user-friendly with multiple options
- Detailed user manual.
- No bent pins
- Easily accomidates case fan w/o any difficulty.
Cons: *** ''NIC is intel-based....therefore you MUST load drivers to restore media (eg, Windows server restore, etc). Bothersome extra step, but it was a feature hidden in other reviews***
- Boot up time slower than expected...but a) its rock stable so not too common occurance b) it probably can be fixed with more tweaking. Running with 2 older sata drives and ssd. Some other reviews reported similar problems
Other Thoughts: Bought this board ideally looking for x99a board that supported native 3.1c usb that was fairly future proof. Native 3.1c boards seems flaky and extremly expensive....I can get a card with the asus 3.1c setup whenever it becomes more mainstream. Other
- I was considering the deluxe board, but this board does everything needed by 90% of people...by the time I need to rely on delux features, I'll just upgrade the whole rig/add-on boards. No bulky sabertooth cooling hoods
I havent overclocked yet, but it will surely not be an issue.
- I updated the bios and downloaded all updates on first use...never had an issue with flakyness like other multiple reviewers mentioned.
- I don't use the fan settings...Im more of a balls-to-wall kinda guy...but is pretty cool to see =)
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.