Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Best RAM I could find for the price when I bought it.
Cons: PC began BSODing about a month ago. Games started crashing frequently, and then yesterday my PC wouldn't boot at all. Memtest shows the sticks have failed.
Other Thoughts: I'm a bit disappointed. Normally I buy the cheapest memory I can find and have never had a dimm fail. The one time I decided to spend a little more and get the "nicer RAM" it fails on me after 6 months.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Tt eSPORTS Poseidon Z Illuminated Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Blue Switches
Pros: - No frills. I don't need macro keys or a bunch of other useless things on my keyboard.
- Keys feel great and are super responsive
- Overall build quality feels really good. This thing is heavy and is super solid. This also means it does not slide around and stays firmly planted on your desk
- Compact design, it doesn't have a large footprint
- No stupid changes to the key layout (like the enter/windows keys on the steelseries)
- Fits my preference for ergonomics -- I like my keyboards without a wrist wrest and to lay as flat as possible.
- Responsiveness in game is great, and a lot more noticeable than I thought it would be
- It looks really sleek when unlit - I don't personally use the backlights, but they also look really good, if that's your thing
Cons: Seems a bit louder than the other blue switch keyboards I had tried, but this isn't actually a problem for me or the environment I use it in.
Other Thoughts: I did a lot of research and bought/returned a few keyboards before settling on this one - its the best priced mechanical keyboard I could find that meets all my requirements/needs.
Before purchasing, I'd recommend looking into the differences between the different types of switches. Blue seemed like the best fit for me, so I went with that and am very happy with the results.
Pros: It's large, the black finish is nice, big fans.
Cons: Poor design in general. First and foremost, there is a bar across the top for "stability" I guess. This prevented me from getting my 500w aspire PSU into the bay. I had to cut the bar out with a jigsaw before I could actually get it in there. In the process I scratched the side a little bit, which kinda angers me.
The tool-free design can't lock in my 7600GT.
Can't use the top USB ports because something malfunctioned with the thing at the top, and it shoots sparks out of the mounts when it's plugged in, and I get, "USB Power-Surge" errors all the time because of it.
Other Thoughts: I would return this case in a heartbeat, but having to cut out that bar probably voided my warranty.
Also, the fans, despite being large don't seem to move much air.
Display Name: Matthew P.
Date Joined: 03/31/07
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.