Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: CORSAIR SF450 450W SFX 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply
Pros: - Small Form Factor - make sure you understand this before you purchase, these are made for smaller cases, called "Small Form Factor". If you're going to use a regular ATX (whether small, mid-sized or large) case, you're going to have to purchase the mounting adapter because this power supply is smaller than a regular ATX power supply, and NO, the adapter is NOT included in this package...sorry.
- Small but still packs 450 watts for your PC enjoyment
- Has smart temperature control - fans only turn on when it needs it
- Superquiet - again, due to smart fan control, the fans only turn on when it needs it and most of the time the fan doesn't even turn on, eliminating the buzzing noise during those night gaming sessions (or watching movies)
- Corsair - means reliable and a well known company that makes quality PC parts. I surely trust them and their products.
- Corsair's legendary 5 YEARS parts and labor warranty - they built this power supply to last!
- 80 Plus GOLD - this just means it's good and very efficient on energy
- Fully modular cable set - these are detachable cables so you can plug in only the wires that you need. It saves tons of space and the result is a clean looking PC install.
- 100% All Japanese 105 degrees celsius capacitors - I don't know what these mean but I'm sure it's quality parts they've used to ensure longevity and constant power.
- Comes ready for latest motherboards but also compatible with older motherboards too
- Lastly, aesthetically it looks good in a PC case
Cons: - Not really a big con, but they should of at least included one mounting back for ATX power supply cases. I didn't need one, but I think a lot of people (who didn't do enough research) will run into this issue.
- the SATA and power cables were strangely shorter than other power supplies I've used, I'm assuming they designed it this way to use with smaller cases.
Other Thoughts: This power supply runs super quiet, really quiet. I built myself a new small HTPC and compared with my older unit, this thing doesn't make a single sound. Especially at night when you're watching a movie and you've turned down the volume so the kids won't hear the movie. It's so quiet, you can literally hear no fans, just the hard drive spinning and/or the DVD spinning. With my older and much bigger HTPC, the fans were always on and you had to turn the volume higher so you couldn't hear the fans.
I've put my build specs below, but in my opinion, this is a great small power supply. When I took it out of the box, it was surprisingly small and I wondered if it would even power the Nvidia 960 graphics card but it did!
Overall, I'd highly recommend this unit. It looks great aesthetically cccccccccccccccccccccc. It does the job at 450watts. Quality parts and made by a reputable company, Corsair. 5 YEAR warranty, very long warranty. Lastly, its small form factor opens up a lot of doors for PC enthusiasts that build their own custom cases. GET THIS POWER SUPPLY if you're looking for a small form factor PSU but don't want to skimp out on the power quality.
Corsair Obsidian 250D Mini ITX Power
Asus H971I+ LGA 1150 Mini ITX Mobo
G. Skill Sniper Series 16GB RAM
Intel Core i5-4960K Processor
Corsair SF450 PSU
ATX to Mini ITX PSU Adapter
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 Graphics Card
Samsung E850EVO 2.5" 1TB SSD
Seagate 4TB HDD
Strictly streaming, so no DVD/Bluray player
Pros: - First thing I want to mention is that this PSU is a great value for its price.
- 5 years parts and labor warranty
- easy to install, fits perfectly into the Antec ATX mid-sized case and virtually maintenance free after installation
- very quiet during operation, the large 120mm fan runs super-quiet during normal operation and it's thermally controlled (speeds up or slows down depending on what your PC is doing)
- authestically great looking
- modular cable design - plug in only the cables you need for less clutter
- comes with a very long (non-modular) power cable & 4-pin; makes for easier installation
- also comes with 4 x 6+2-Pin PCI Express connectors for dual graphic card applications
- has 6 SATA power connectors (with 90 degree connectors)
- Comes with flat black cable ties
- 80 Plus Bronze certified - (to us non-geeks, it just means that this thing is tested for energy efficiency)
- It's 650 watts of power! - enough to power a high-end CPU, motherboard components, WiFi card and other PCI or PCI express add-ons, 2x high-end graphics cards
- good enough instructions included
Cons: - NOT fully moduler - pwr cable is permanently attached in the PSU - maybe make this an option for a version 2, Corsair?
- Fan gets loud(er) at full load (running 2x GIGABYTE Windforce GeForce GTX 970 4GB) where the fan makes a buzzing noise
- on the specs sheet, it states there is NO Crossfire or SLI support
Other Thoughts: Again, this is an incredible buy if you're looking for a great power supply at a great value. 650W is more than enough to run a single high-end graphics card and I found it's enough to run two (2) high-end graphic cards with a great CPU too. It powered all my compoents with room to spare. It's made from a highly reputable company, Corsair, and it comes with a 5 year warranty! Corsair is making this "hybrid" of a PSU with some module and some not-moduler components built into the PSU, which I think works out very well. I would highly recommend this PSU for your next PC build!
Side Note: when purchasing the PSU, always make sure to do your homework first on the power requirements. This PSU may be an over-kill if the PC's sole purpose is just surfing the web. If you're going to get at least a high end graphics card and CPU, this PSU will do you right.
It took a little time, but I finally got all the parts in to build myself a 3-D Virtual Reality Ready PC, just in time for the Oculus Rift's arrival. Specs Here:
Corsair ATX Obsidian Series 450D Black Mid Tower Case
ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING LGA 1151 Motherboard
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 CPU
CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB 288-Pin DDR4 (PC4 17000) Memory
Samsung 500GB 2.5" SSD
Seagate 2TB 3.5" Hard Drive
2x GIGABYTE Windforce GeForce GTX 970 4GB
TP-Link Archer T8E AC1750 PCI WiFi
G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 MX Mechanical Keyboard
SteelSeries Rival 100 Optical Gaming Mouse
This review is from: SteelSeries Rival 100 Optical Gaming Mouse - Black
Pros: Super light weight and smooth - moving it around the mousepad takes little force
It's also very sensitive with up to 4000 CPI
I love the size of the mouse. It's not too big or too small, it fits perfectly in my palm, and I don't have the biggest hands either being only 5'3"
Smooth rubber texture on top of the mouse, keeps my palm from getting uncomfortable when I have to hold the mouse for long periods of time
Hard and textured rubber on the sides where pinky and thumbs rest on
Mouse clicks feels great as well, SteelSeries claim over 30 million clicks
The Scroll Wheel is very smooth, it's clickable too and has an additional middle button that allows you to have the wheel click or free spin when scrolling
Comes with a nice long cable (I think it's about 5ft long!)
All buttons are programmable!
Fully customizeable (via software) RGB LED's - they're not too bright for night time gaming but bright enough to see during the day. I leave mine in all RED to match my PC color scheme.
You can plug and play until you download the software for customization.
I used it doing Photoshop stuff for a week now, usually at 3-4 hours a session. This mouse's lightweight helps reduce the strain on my palm and wrist.
Other Thoughts: Overall, I think this mouse is superb for casual gaming or daily computer usage for it's price point. It's super light weight so it takes little force to move it around. It's also very precise for smaller movements but also fast and responsive for FPS games. It also works very well with day to day computer usage and I use it with Photoshop a lot.READ FULL REVIEW