Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Linksys CM3024 DOCSIS 3.0 (24 x 8) Cable Modem
Pros: - Sturdy design and build, made with quality plastic
- Intel processor inside! - blows my mind that even a modem has a processor built in!
- Supports DOCSIS 3.0 and backwards compatible with older 1.1 and 2.0
- Ideal for Internet plans up to 300 Mbps: Stable, high-speed connectivity ideal for multimedia streaming, online gaming, and web browsing
- Certified for DOCSIS 3.0 cable Internet standard: Able to handle high-bandwidth transfer rates over existing cable lines with speeds up to 960 Mbps
- Easy plug-and-play setup with Comcast Xfinity Cable Internet service (it also states compatibility with all major cable providers)
- Works with ANY router!
- Gigabit Ethernet Port - for those techies that need that type of bandwidth
- Comes with long enough power cable & the power adapter is pretty small (thank goodness it didn't need a big power brick!)
Cons: none at the moment except make it futuristic looking?
Other Thoughts: This Linksys CM3024 DOCSIS 3.0 (24 x 8) Cable Modem replaced my Motorola Arris SURFboard SB6141 and I'm glad too. I have a AC1200 WiFi card in my PC and now it shows a connection on the 5.2Ghz channel at 1.3Gbps...just WOW! I know I'm not getting the full 1.3Gps speed but I'm just happy that it's capable of getting that if everything was in sync (Comcast Xfinity offered that speed). I especially love that I can now take advantage of the 100Mbps speed that I am paying from Comcast Xfinity. I'm sure it'll be faster if I upgrade my plan to a higher tier, but at 100Mbps from Comcast Xfinity, it's perfect for me! I also have it connected to the TP-Link Archer C3200 router which also helps too. The Linksys CM3024 Modem and the TP-Link C3200 router combination makes my speeds blazing fast and I usually have more than 6-7 devices connected on the network, all streaming, surfing the net, downloading, etc. I don't notice any videos on YouTube struggling to play, in fact I've noticed that buffering of videos are much faster and fully load much faster now.
This is a nice modem. It comes with an Intel processor inside and packs a lot of technology to increase speeds...which I'm not gonna get into it because it's all technical and we all just want "real world" results.
As a person that has used many routers before combined with an older modem, this Linksys CM3024 modem is a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED buy, especially if you're paying for 100mbps+ from your cable service provider. It just makes sense to get this modem so you can experience faster speeds for whatever you're doing on your computer, laptop, phone or tablet!
This review is from: LINKSYS RE6400 AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Range Extender
Pros: - Aesthetically, it's OK looking on the wall plug
- Construction is sturdy, hard plastic, doesn't feel like it's going to break if it fell off wall plug
- Easy plug and play design - no extra software to install on PC
- Comes with two additional antennas built in and it's on the side of the unit
- Supports dual bands (2.4Ghz & 5Ghz) with Beamforming technology built into the unit
- Can also use Linksys's Spot Finder for optimal placement
- Soft rubber texture Push Button
- Linksys software (Android) is pretty easy to use and set up
- Comes with a Gigabit port on the bottom for hardwiring into older electronics (printer, laptop, etc)
Cons: - No ability to choose between 2.4Ghz or 5.0 Ghz
- I ran into lower speeds when connected to this device even on the 5Ghz channel
Other Thoughts: I love that this unit is simply plug and play for the non-techy users. Simply plug in the unit into the wall, make sure there is power to the unit, press the WPS button on both the Linksys AC1200 Dual-Band WiFi Range Extender and your router to connect. Once the connection is made, you can simply find the SSID on your laptop, mobile device, PC, etc. and connect to it. Or, you can use the Android software that Linksys made to set up the most optimal place to put the unit.
I like it. It did extend my WiFi connection into the outer places where my WiFi was not getting enough strength. I currently have it placed in my bedroom and now I get WiFi outside the patio (which is on the other side of my bedroom) where I can now sit and relax outside while surfing the net. Without this unit, I would of gotten maybe 1-2 bars only and now I have 5 bars all the time and the connection is relatively fast too. I'd recommend this unit for its functionality and usage; but I think the price is a little bit high for what it does. Minus one star for the price.
Pros: - Quality build - solid plastic feel, doesn't feel like it's going to break if you accidentally drop it and it's not too heavy
- Good designed USB WiFi Adapter, doesn't look like a regular thumb drive anymore, there are angles on it that add to its austhetics
- Conveniently placed WPS button and recessed enough that you won't accidentally press it
- Built in high gain antennas
- Works with USB 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 - but USB3.0 will give you much faster speeds (they claim)
- Works with 32-bit and 64-bit PC's (did not test with MAC's)
- Worked with Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 (tested)
- Comes with a desktop extension cradle - so you place the USB WiFi Adapter in the most optimal spot
- Comes with CD which has installation guides, software, and drivers
- For the most part, the genie setup is pretty straight forward and easy to use
- The USB WiFi Adapter itself has a swivel antannae so you can plug into USB and be able to angle it to (maybe) get better reception
- Beam forming technology built in! - I've found this helps especially if your PC or laptop is far with walls in between them and if you take your laptop from room to room
- Can connect to either 2.4GHz or 5.0GHz channels - however this depends if your router supports these channels as well.
- If configured correctly, it supports AC1200 (300Mbps / 867 Mbps)
Cons: - NOT plug and play friendly, MUST run software first!- these days, everything should be plug and play (in my opinion)
- The WiFi Adapter itself is still a little big and long. On a laptop, it protrudes outwards and sometimes gets in the way. You MUST be careful with it if you move your laptop around a lot
- Limited 1-year warranty - why? most products are 2-5 year warranty now!
Other Thoughts: A special note to those that do not know: I'm glad it will work with ANY router, however, the speeds are limited to your router's speeds too; so if you only have an older 102.11g router, it will connect at 102.11g speeds (54Mbps), speeds will NOT be at the 102.11ac speeds even with USB 3.0 connection.
I've been using this NetGear AC1200 WiFi USB Adapter on my older dual core laptop, which only has USB 2.0, and it's a great product when it wants to work. The speeds are fairly fast meaning streaming HD Netflix doesn't struggle, but I've had quite a few times when the network just disconnects out of no-where. Every time the NetGear AC1200 USB Adapter disconnects from my network (showing 0 WiFi bars), my Android phone and my PC still show network connection. This has happened both on the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands.
I'm not bragging, but I have an (in my opinion) awesome router; TP-Link Archer C3200 AC3200 Wireless Tri-Band Gigabit Router. My other WiFi devices never gave me any issues with connection, but this NetGear AC1200 WiFi USB Adapter has dropped connection a couple of times on me and I just cannot figure out why (especially when other devices connected on the same router worked perfectly).
Overall, I like how the adapter looks. I like that it has beamforming technology built right into the device. I like that it now brings my older laptop that was only equipped with a 102.11g card can now support 102.11ac WiFi. I like that it comes with an extended cradle to place it further from my laptop or PC for optimal connectivity. I like how it supports AC1200 speeds with USB 3.0 and when it does work, the speeds are super fast...however I also dislike that it's NOT plug and play. You MUST install the software with the included CD first before it can work properly. I dislike that it disconnects from my network randomly. I hope they can fix that soon with a software patch. I can only recommend this unit if it was under $20 and if you're wanting to bring your older PC or laptop with older WiFi cards up to speeds. Just make sure you have the right router to support the speeds too!