Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Dolica ZX600B300 60" Carbon Fiber Tripod & Ballhead Combo
Pros: - Great price
- Nice build, even the carrying bag is very sturdy
- Carbon fiber legs with a very decent ball head, light weight with a lot of features
- Large adjustment knobs and easy to operate
- Standard size base threads, in case you want to switch to a different ball head
Cons: Can't really think of any, but...
- Some of the adjustment knobs on the head are a bit close together so in some cases the adjustment is a bit challenged, but that's similar to other brands on the market anyways.
- The angle leg lock is a bit tight and not smooth, you just have to make sure it's fully click in and secure before you set it on the ground otherwise it might slip with weight on top. Not a big deal with a bit of adjustment.
- The bubble level and the compass is kind of a joke, it just looks like one of those toys you find at the dollar store. I don't use it so I don't really care, if it doesn't look leveled, it probably isn't anyways.
Other Thoughts: At first I was a bit skeptic with all the features mentioned and the price it was selling, plus I can't find much info/review of this particular tripod on the internet. But I really needed one for the holidays to take some family pics and I have been shopping for one for the longest time already, so I took the plunge and said screw it why not. For less then $100 I can't really get anything nice out there anyways, especially with CF and ball head? Just forget about it.
Oh was I surprised, I mean, it's not as good as a $1000+ Gitzo, but with 1/10 of the price, it sure put a big smile on my face. I was really really amazed by the quality, maybe because I really wasn't expecting anything at all. I don't know how well of a beating it can take in a professional environment, but at least for me, who probably will only use it maybe less then 15 times a year, it's way more than enough for how little I pay.
p.s. I have a D90 with a 17-55 f/2.8 lense and a speedlight on, it's very sturdy