Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: SYBA USB 3.0 PCI-Express 2-port SATA Powered Controller Card Model SY-PEX20124
Pros: Works - after I beat it into submission
Cons: I had to beat it into submission.
Other Thoughts: Here's how you get this card to work.
1) Download latest Renesas USB 3.0 drivers and install
2) THEN install card
3) Connect external harddrive to USB ** 2.0 ** port first
4) My computer -> right click on drive -> properties -> hardware -> select drive -> properties -> general -> change settings -> policies -> "better performance" -> OK
5) Start -> Programs -> Renesas Electronics -> Host Controller Utility -> Make sure "Disable USB 3.0 Power Management Functions" is UNCHECKED.
6) Safely eject drive, then reconnect to USB 3.0 port.
This should allow the computer to connect at Super Speed (I get about 100MBps)