Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Both USB and SATA interfaces work as expected. The blue power/access LED is very bright and is mounted on the top of the enclosure. A smaller dimmer LED would be better placed on the front of the enclosure so that it could be visible when stacked.
Cons: If your purchasing this item due to a mail-in rebate. Forget it! I have submitted two rebates many months ago and received nothing. I have tried to contact the company several times. However, my messages are either ignored or not resolved.
They also do not offer any way to check the rebate status online.
Poor customer service.
Pros: Beautiful color and no dead pix. Only brightness had to be toned down a bit.
Cons: 1) 5' DVI cable that is included is too short especially given that this monitor is able to be rotated. I contacted LG support to ask if a longer cable was available and here is their response:
"we do not have any other DVI cable longer than the cable that is included in the package. If you want, you can go ahead and take the DVI cable to a hardware store and ask for a longer cable just like the ones that you have."
2) Lead cable coming from the power supply brick is also too short (about 12"). Monitor could not be rotated unless you mount the brick to the back of the stand.
3) Settings buttons on the bottom of the monitor are very sensitive. If you reach for something under the monitor and brush up against any of the buttons, they are triggered.
5) Only 1yr warranty. Given that this monitor is high-end and expensive, LG could have backed this model with a more generous warranty.
Cons: I came across three issues with this monitor:
1) There was a cluster of dead pixs near center left.
2) When using an HDMI cable, the monitor displays a black border around the entire display when using the native resolution of 1920 x 1080. I confirmed that it was not the video card and cable as I replaced both while testing the monitor. However, the border is NOT displayed when using a DVI cable.
3) Tech Support is very poor and rude. When I contacted them about the border issue, they were fumbling around and could not provide any real answers other than I needed to contact my computer manufacturer. When I asked to be transferred to a senior support tech, I receive the following response:
"I apologize for the inconvenience it may bring you but we have to attend to other customers on queue. Feel free to contact us again if you have other technical concern. It will be disconnected within the next 30 seconds if we receive no further response."
I have owned ViewSonic monitors many years ago and regarded them as a solid company. However, something has changed since then and their quality control and poor tech support will prevent me from purchasing their products in the future.