Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - 700W of 80% efficient power
- Modular design
- 140mm cooling fan
- VERY quiet
- Cables are long enough to reach everything in my case
- 4 12V rails
- Sleeved cables provide a touch of high quality
Cons: None that I can think of
Other Thoughts: I've always loved Thermaltake's products. They make high-quality products. PSUs, Chassis, Fans. 700W was probably overkill for the system I have, but it's modular so I don't suck too much power out of the wall.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Been running strong for over 3 years
- Runs games, movies and everything else in 1920 x 1080
- Only requires 1x 6 pin PSU connector.
- Cool looking shroud design, however, it's face down so you can't see it
- 1 GB of GDDR3
- Dual slot
- Dual DVI
- S/video out
Cons: None, that I can really think of.
Other Thoughts: I bought this card because the 4/5 series were just coming out (or not yet at all) and VERY expensive. It has served me well over the 3 years I have owned it. However, the cooling fan has stopped working. Thank goodness my NZXT Apollo case has a 120mm fan right where the card sits, so that's been cooling the GPU! I will soon replace this card with a GT430 for now until I build my next Beast.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 Quad-Core 2.33GHz LGA 775 95W BX80580Q8200 Processor
Pros: - Quad Core
- 95W TDP
- Low cost, many features
It performs very well. Does exactly what I wanted it to, and that is to run a mild gaming rig, with the ability to do other everyday things. I use it to edit video, photos and audio, play games, code, and it takes it like a champ. Given my system (listed in other thoughts) I haven't seen a bottleneck anywhere.
Cons: - No VT. I've never needed it, and don't see why I would with this processor.
Other Thoughts: I don't know why people are saying "it doesn't overclock well". I've OC'd mine to 3.00 GHz (429 x 7). Yes, I had to do it via the FSB, but my vCore is nominal, and it's stable. Has been for over a year. Yes it stinks the multiplier is locked. It's an ecobox. It's not meant to perform super fast like a "K" series processor.
- ASUS P5Q Deluxe motherboard
- This Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200
- EVGA nVidia 9600GT 1GB vid card
- 8 GB (4 x 2GB) Kingston HyperX DDR2-1066 memory
- WD 1 TB HDD
- ASUS Combo Drive
- Thermaltake 700W Toughpower PSU
- Sabrent 68-in-1 Card reader
- NZXT Sentry 2 Touchscreen fan controller
Display Name: Anonymous
Date Joined: 01/21/09
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.