Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: I bought this card in August and it's a great video card. It can handle all of the latest games with ease on the highest settings. I do however have multiple issues with it and the company.
Cons: I've been so busy lately but when I was cleaning I remembered I had never received my rebate from them. It showed as received and processed but I never got it. I would rather you just take the $20 off at the time of purchase because if I can even get my refund then I just gave a 3 month 0% interest loan.
After a quick Google search I came across popular tech forums and learned that many people experienced a higher amount of issues with the rebate when it came to Sapphire than other companies. I was surprised because I have never had this issue before.
Besides this , the fans on the card make a substantial amount of noise at seemingly random intervals. It is not the spinning of them specifically but it appears to be some kind of a defect in the way that they spin at times due to the speed. It must be a known design flaw because others on YouTube have noted it as well if you search. It's very annoying.
All in all it's a powerful card but I kind of wish I did not venture away from the brands I was familiar with like EVGA.
Other Thoughts: I would probably not buy from Sapphire again because there are substitutes for their products.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Corsair Carbide Series 500R Arctic White Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case
Pros: * It's on the larger side for a Mid Tower.
* Having bought many cases , I feel like this case is of higher quality
* Mesh air filter on top is removable for easy cleaning of dust.
* LEDs on front are white; keeps with case theme
* Came with USB 3.0 to 2.0 converter
* Has a front panel firewire port
* All fans connect to fan controller for front of case control
* Hard drive bays do not require screws. They simply snap to the sides and you slide the tray back in.
* Holes in case allow for cables to be threaded to the back for easy cable management.
Plenty of room for big graphics cards and heatsinks etc.
* Many drive bays
Cons: * Slightly expensive IMO
* The side panel on mine leaves a small sliver after being closed and drives my OCD nuts. It covers about 98% of the area it needs to. Hard to explain, but it doesn't fit 100%.
* 2 of the standoff screw locations were basically stripped. Cost me time to ensure that the board would be be sturdy. My board needed 9 standoffs and 6 were already on the case upon opening. Of those 3 remaining, 2 were extremely difficult to get tight.
* Side panel case screws are of very poor quality. They were stripped upon arrival. Every time I take off the side panel it takes me 5 minutes of messing with them to get them in again.
* Screws/Standoffs were really cheap and the factory cuts made them hard to screw in in general.
Other Thoughts: I'm satisfied with the case but the flimsy screws made my experience slightly irritating and created more work for me. The fan controller is a nice touch I missed that when I bought it.
I like that the LEDs arent bright blue as many cases are.
The case is closer to being a full tower than a Mid Tower; which is fine with me.
I have an AMD R9 280 Sapphire in it along with a Noctua NH-D14 so it has plenty of clearance for various big cards and heatsinks.
This review is from: CM Storm Devastator - LED Gaming Keyboard and Mouse Combo Bundle (Blue Edition)
Pros: Keyboard/mouse are of good quality. The backlight is great; better than others I've had. Keys themselves are also good and I like the spacing. The keyboard feels more compact than others I've owned.
Other Thoughts: The mouse feels a bit big and jagged. Not an issue just an observation.
The buttons on the side of the mouse, if you hit them accidentally your browser will go back a page. Takes some getting used to.
This was an impulse purchase and I don't regret it at all.
For $29 this is a steal.
Display Name: Anonymous
Date Joined: 04/25/12
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.