Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: * 6 sata3 ports onboard
* very low power consumption
* passively cooled
Cons: no star deduction for these because they are "nice-to-haves" and not essential for what i believe to be this board's primary intended use.
* no usb3 (but does have plenty of usb2 ports)
* no hdmi (but does have dvi)
Other Thoughts: i have been thoroughly impressed and pleased with this little board. i used it to build a home file server (primarily for storing media files) with the following configuration:
* lian-li pc-q08 case (has 6x3.5, 1x2.5, 1x5.25 bays, plus a 140mm fan to cool drives and a 120mm fan to cool the board)
* picoITX power supply
* 8GB RAM
* SSD boot drive, DVD drive, 1xHD for backup, 4x3TB drives for storage
* windows server 2012. 4x3TB drives combined into a single volume using "storage spaces" with parity
the machine runs 24/7, very cool, very quiet, using very little power. it's been very, very stable.
one compatibility note: i attempted to add a sata port multiplier, but it would not work with the onboard sata ports.
Pros: this thing is just darn near perfect in every way. best 2.5 > 3.5 adapter i've ever tried. sturdy metal construction.
Cons: none as far as i can tell
Other Thoughts: i didn't measure it, but it might not fit extra-tall 2.5" drives. but it fits all of the ones i have except the WD green 2.2TB, which is way out of spec.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Foxconn H67S LGA 1155 Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
Pros: none that i can confirm with a DOA board.
i liked the fact that there were not a bunch of extra controllers, just the chipset providing all the features
but i will never know because the board was DOA
Cons: foxconn, your DOA board ruined a christmas surprise
Other Thoughts: yes, i know electronics can DOA.
but under the circumstances i am so unhappy with foxconn i will never again knowingly buy one of their products