Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: I like the 4x fans filtered intake.
Cons: Poor quality control and cheap construction are a bad combination.
1. The left side panel is so tight you have to use a screw driver as a crowbar to get it off.
2. One of the rear corners of the top bezel is not connected to the case. You can pull it away a good half inch. I can't see what's wrong. I assume something is broken.
3. Both holes for one of the dual slot video card brackets are off by about 1/2 the hole width. It took all the strength I could muster with my left thumb and a screw driver with a screw taped to the end to get the first screw in. It took me half an hour to figure this method out. I'm not sure if this kind of pressure on the video card bracket is good. It might be better to leave the screws out and put a zip-tie through there instead.
4. I had trouble getting the power supply in too. The rubber cushioning stuff was covering one of the holes I needed.
5. A four pin fan connector will not connect to the three pin connectors that go to the fan control as they should per ATX standard. That's according to everything I read on the internet anyway.
6. All the mounting hardware is steel painted black.
7. There's nothing good about the all black interior. I would have never guessed but all that black sucks up light like a black hole. In a very well lit room I needed a flashlight to see how to orient a connector, read the stenciling on the motherboard, etc. A bright shiny interior would be better.
8. The top fan area has mounting holes for two 140mm fans but you can only get a 120mm fan in the front position because of a slight interference with the sheet metal. It looks like a design flaw. You could get a 140mm in there if you did a little work with a file or grinder before you started assembly.
Other Thoughts: I bought this case because it was highly recommended by a knowledgeable person. Apparently he didn't have the quality issues I had. If I'd only known I would have gladly paid twice the price for a quality case. It doesn't make sense to put $3,500 worth of delicate parts in a cheaply made case.
At first Rosewill offered to RMA the case but couldn't send me a new side panel. I explained that the side panel was at fault because the right side panel went on and off the left side of the case very easily. After a couple more emails they agreed to send me a side panel when one became available. When it finally arrived it was visibly badly bent and it wasn't damaged in shipping either. The huge box was very well padded and had no damage. I returned our lengthy email with pictures of the damaged panel and I haven't heard from them since. That's very unprofessional. They should have at least replied to explain their position instead of just blowing me off like that. I guess their support of their products has a cutoff point.
This review is from: Prolimatech PRO-USV14 140mm Ultra Sleek Vortex Fan
Pros: Slim if you need it.
Cons: I think the airflow is over-stated. I had two of these and two other fans rated at 89.55 CFM. I had one each mounted side by side in an intake position and an exhaust position. In both cases you could feel with your hand that the other fan was moving a lot more air. I would say at least 25% more. The pressure spec. is actually quite low.READ FULL REVIEW