Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - low price
- futures, hardware RAID 0,1, JBOD
- design (disassembled, no quality issues)
- older SSD chipsets perfect match
- external power adapter included (more in cons)
Cons: - will not perform well without power adapter
- USB connector should of been bigger
- although compact, its all wasted if you power adapter is used
Other Thoughts: No issues JBOD, OS X soft RAID 250 MB/s with nMPREAD FULL REVIEW
Pros: Budget friendly
Can be nicely parted:
Can be used as stand along 100Gb PCI-e Solid State Storage (Super fast transfers). Drivers for all windows systems.
1Tb Toshiba HDD goes nicely in laptop or portable storage
Perfect for portable systems with Windows 7. (they will be very fast)
DataPlex Cache Software does very good job on speeding up frequently used programs.
Excellent alternative, to high priced large storage with fast access
Cons: DataPlex Cache Software, that optimizes files for fast access, compatible only with Windows 7.
Requires multiple authenticity confirmations with live internet connection.
No longer being developed.
Other Thoughts: Make no mistake it is much faster then even 6G SSD drives when files are on 100Gb cache drive. (More then enough for OS and game files).
The PCI-e (vs. sata) solide state storage gives you the fastest access speed possible (thats what will be used in new Mac Pro's). This device is compromise between speed and cost. ITS WELL DESIGNED. It will work very well...
With proper installation procedure:
1. Load drivers on USB stick, add to system before OS install)
2. Install OS on main 1Tb drive (later it will merge with cache SSD by software)
3. Install DataPlex... make a few system restarts and wonder how the boot time gets less and less (files are being loaded to e-SATA SSD for super fast access)
Make sure to write down serial number from the label on the card, you will need it a few times later.
Pros: Wireless ++
Cons: Have been posted before but some how review is gone.
Its about 15 different things... Guess will stop here
Other Thoughts: It appears that all negative statements do not reach review board. My impression on having 3 latest Asus routers: RT-N65U is far from best.