Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: It worked beautifully for about 3 months...
Cons: And now will not even power up. My Macs & Windows machine do think it is working but the screen fails to appear. Sometimes you see the digital/analog message and sometimes you can get the OSD menu but now, it won't even power up.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Thin, lightweight, great picture, extended my MacBook Pro desktop by another 1920x1080 pixels. Looks great on the desk.
Cons: Other reviewers seemed to concerned about the lack of flexibility in the stand - I can confirm there is very little but that does not negatively impact my usage.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Simple & Easy, worked the first time.
I have a Lenovo IBM Thinkpad T60 WS running Vista Home Premium and needed more space so I purchased Ultrabay 40Y8725 and the Seagate together from newegg.com, they both arrived a few days later. The process was very simple:
- Place hard drive in Ultrabay, it fit perfectly
- Place Ultrabay in machine (after popping out the DVD driver)
- I used Seagate DiscWizard (free download from Seagate website) to give it a partition and it was ready to go
- At this point, I quickly read the user guide for DiscWizard and found it had a clone feature that would work for the OS from one drive to another so I gave that a try
- A couple of clicks later, it rebooted, copied the old drive to the new drive
- Rebooted again
- I swapped the old drive out for the new Seagate
- Booted up off the Seagate and keeping the older drive for a "backup"
- That was insanely easy
Cons: I wish I had seen the 320 GB drive was only a few dollars more, I should have gone bigger :-)
Other Thoughts: I'm a Java developer with tons of IDE, web server/app server software that creates tons of small files all over the disk and now I'll be pounding on the drive hard to see if it stands up in this.READ FULL REVIEW